Paper negatives on a roll

Discussion in 'Paper Negatives' started by bergytone, Dec 18, 2014.

1. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Agree.
    I've tried this quite a few times with both 135 and 120 cameras. By far the least worrying process and best results were using rather aged 120 folders.
    I used rc. No cracks or creases seemed to occur.

2. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So the Lubie was a good call. What did you do with the papers after? The curl must have been something else, did you roll on all 12 or 8 shots? Time for me to find a folder I guess...Oh and what did you rate the paper at? I'm thinking of hooking it up to a few speedlights on full blast and taking portraits.

3. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No I never found the curl a problem. Either dish developed or even managed to get it onto a reel.
    I generally rate paper at about 3 or 6 but it's one of those things you have to work out for yourself.
    Remember with vc the colour temp will make a difference so slower in golden hour but faster morning and noon!

4. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sitting curled up tightly on a roll for a few weeks don't make the paper curl?

5. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I didn't say I had it in there for a few weeks!
    The thing is, unless you try it for yourself, suggesting that other people's experience is not necessarily valid doesn't prove the point one way or another.
    Why not just Give it a go - what have you got to lose :smile: ?

6. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Heh, nothing. My cam is loaded and ready to play with. Someday I'll get meter and pretend to know what I'm doing.

7. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just developed the squares I'll post scans tomorrow when they dry.

Out of 7 shots two are clear with great tones and 2 are just barely visible. It looks like using studio lights won't do jack. The clear shots are f/8 @ 30s. The dim shots are f/5.6 1/60 with two speed lights at full blast about 2 feet from subject. The rest got jack. And the developer died on the last shot I was developing. The two good shots give lead me to believe that this is due for some more experimenting.

8. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Results from my test.

I scanned with a DSLR and had photoshop stitch 'em. I didn't compensate for the TLR and the tripod legs ended up in the photo.

My guitar and kids guitar. Lubitel 2, Illford RC, f/8, 45s.
    [​IMG]

Cameras and pocket dump. Lubitel 2, Illford RC, f/8, 30s.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017