Paper reversal and pinhole

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by George Papantoniou, Jun 14, 2005.

1. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Medium Format
    Has anyone tried to use paper developed in a reversal process in a pinhole camera ?
    The procedure for paper reversal has already been discussed here in APUG (it works easily with RC paper) and it would be nice to get direct positive results with a pinhole camera loaded with paper... The prints would be unique (something like Polaroids) and as big as your camera can make them...
    I know that in the past, some photographers tried to do it with Cibachrome (as we called it back in time) but I am not sure about B&W.
  2. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Jan 19, 2005
    North Caroli
    Multi Format
    Reversal works the same with any silver emulsion -- develop, stop, bleach, clear, rinse, expose, redevelop, stop, and fix; hypo clear and wash as usual.

You can get the stuff to make the bleach at the local hardware box store, BTW; copper sulfate is sold for clearing tree roots from drains, and sulfuric acid is apparently available as a drain cleaner as well (don't know that I've seen it, but I haven't looked that hard). Do use a sulfuric acid based bleach, however, instead of a rehalogenating bleach like that used in C-41 -- unless you like displaying your positives of black cats in coal bins, exposed with (un)available light...