Paterson Orbital - Even dev'd negs -10x8?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Tom Stanworth, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Tom Stanworth

Tom Stanworth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I have one, but it leaks light. I know people use the for 5x4, but I am curious about how even development is. I would also be curious to know it is feasible to do 10x8 without hugely developed edges relative to centre? Anyone with experience? I just dont want to buy another tank or try to fix the leak on mine if there is no point for 10x8. I am happy with my combitanks for 5x4.

Thanks,

Tom

2. John_Brewer

John_Brewer Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hi Tom, I would test with a sheet of 8x10 paper. I regularly dev 4 5x4, (8x10 size in effect), negs and get even development in my orbital.

3. Tom Stanworth

Tom Stanworth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John,

Unfortunately mine leaks light so theres plenty of uneveness:smile:.......I need to hear from someone who has one that works as it is supposed to!

Tom

4. BarrieB

BarrieB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings; If it is designed for 8 x 10 how do you keep the four sheets of 4 X 5 negs in place and not overlapping ? and what quantity of chemical is used ?
    Thanks Barrie B. Australia.

5. John_Brewer

John_Brewer Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hi Barrie, the processor comes with small pegs in the shape of mushrooms which divide it into 4 sections

6. MikeK

MikeK Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I used one of these for about six months and developed 4x5 negatives and they came out fine. This ws one of my silly mistakes as I sold it on EBay and brings back memories as I recently found the measuring cups.

Easy loading in the dark then the rest was done in daylight.

- Mike

7. Tom Stanworth

Tom Stanworth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Havind been daft.................I can of course use my leaky one in complete darkness abd determine if the negs are even........:smile:

Tom

8. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not quite so easy to use in the dark when it comes to pouring in the fluid, bit hit and miss I think.

9. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Mine had a crack in the corner and I had to weld it with a soldering iron. It was fine till I droped it. Try using a much less intense source for a light in a dark room; Maybe a safelight behind you giving just enough illumination to see to pour out and add the chemicals.