Pd printing - powder chems, what amounts per vol ? and other questions ;)

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by nick mulder, Aug 19, 2007.

1. nick mulder

nick mulder Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hello - I'm getting back into Pd printing and want to order chems in dry packs so I can mix them when i want, I'm also trying to keep things local. A few things I need to know though - any help appreciated:

What are the full chemical names/formulas for the following developers:

Sodium/Ammonium/Potassium Citrate
    Potassium Oxalate
    Sodium Acetate

(the local supply here has a few different versions with subtle name changes) ...

What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make working solutions ?

Any recommendations for Pd-only printing ? (I personally like the warm tones)

Ferric Oxalate and Potassium Chlorate, again>> What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make working solutions (both1&2) ?

Pd powder (http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart/product.php?productid=539&quantity=5) - once again >> What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make a working solution ?

If there is any standard weight/volume equivalency for any of these chems it would be appreciated also - that way I wouldn't have to buy scales :D

any help appreciated !

thanks,
    nick

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    for Pd only, go with the Potassium Oxalate. You'll get much nicer creamy tones with it. Keep it very warm when you're printing and you'll get warmer tones in your finished prints.

3. payral

payral Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format