PEACEMAKER SPEED GRAPHIC LENSBOARDS KIT

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by plus, Jun 17, 2011.

1. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi there!

I decided to buy a SA 75 MM for my peacemaker speed graphic but I need a complete set of lensboards 'cause I'm not sure at all which copal I got now (the rear ring is REALLY TIGHT so I even can not measure the hole I got now - optar 135 mm f4.5 onboard -)...
    I saw heavystar guy got no items in his ebayshop anymore so do you know where I could find speed graphic lensboards in europe or even in USA for a fair price?

thanx so much!

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The SA 75mm f8 (& f5.6) fit a Copal/Compur #O lens board.

Heavystar in the US sells boards new at very reasonable prices via his ebay, but he's away until the end of this month (28th) which is why he has no listings.

Ian

3. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's actually a Super Graphic lens board but it'll fit just the same, but don't bid too high on it :D

I've used my 75mm SA on a normal board (one of the Heavystar ones). Heavystar always almost always has new Pacemaker lens boards so either wait a couple of weeks or keep an eye on Ebay, but don't pay too much - anything 20 euros and over is too expensive, I bought 3 new boards for under $40.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  5. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    GREAT :smile: thanx Ian, I guess I will wait for the heavystar guy to come back...all the best

6. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought an undrilled Pacemaker board for US$20 a month ago on ebay. Very nice but I wouldn't pay more than that. Most of the ones I've seen there are way over priced or the wrong sized hole. I also will check out heavystar when he gets back. Thanks for the info. :cool:

7. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What kinda ammo you got loaded in that Peacemaker?

tim in san jose

8. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    tim, what do you mean for AMMO ?

9. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    plus, I respect you for trying to communicate with us in our language. Your English is much better than my Italian, but not perfect.

Peacemaker is a nickname of the .45 caliber single-action Colt revolver. Ammo is a short way of saying ammunition.

Your camera is a Pacemaker Graphic. Graflex Inc., predecessors, and successors gave their products names that are hard for native speakers of English to use correctly.

10. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

Will the 75mm lens be able to focus on infinity on that camera?

"Pacemaker" is a compound word for someone/something that "sets the pace." "Pace" like the pace car in an auto race. A "Peacemaker" is an old revolver in the U.S. "Ammo" = slang for ammunition, i.e. bullets in this case.

English is a terribly hard language. Congratulations on learning it.

Try www.KEH.com for lens boards too. Sometimes you can find a deal there.

11. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    OH MY GOD I didn't really know this little piece of speed graphic story :smile:) thanx guys, oh yep, I love learning and I thanx you so much for letting me improve my slang engl words :smile:
    2F: dunno but I hope it can focus on infinity too, for sure it will do on a gaoersi 6x17 that is on my shop list too...all the best

12. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The way to answer this kind of question is to look up the lens' flange-focal-distance, also called flange-to-film distance (a) and the camera's minimum flange-to-film distance (b). If a >= b the lens will make infinity on the camera.

Data on older Schneider lenses can be found here https://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/index.htm and here http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/archiv/archiv.htm

I've posted a table of Graphics' flange-to-film distances in many places including APUG. Look here: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-92299.html

2F, you posted in that discussion.

Short answer, 75/5.6 and 75/8 Super Angulons will focus to infinity on a 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic.

13. Ralph Javins

Ralph Javins Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tim, that can't be 75MM! The last production run for that was in Israel back in
    1972, and the ski patrol avalanche control guys finally used up all of that about
    the year 1995.

14. plus

plus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    BY THE WAY....

Ehmmmm... it seems I'm not granted with access to WTB forum section so please forgive me if I'M A LITTLE OFF TOPIC but WTB guess what? a 75 mm f5.6 super angulon :smile: for a fair price. someone that could help me?

all the best

15. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Don't limit yourself to buying here. There's also www.keh.com and, of course, ebay.com, ebay.fr, ebay.de, and ebay.co.uk

And don't limit yourself to Super Angulons. In alphabetical order, Fuji, Nikon, and Rodenstock made comparable lenses.

16. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, Dan.

Thanks. It was a rhetorical question, though, so the OP would consider that a Speed Graphic does have some limitations as far as lenses go. Based on your information, the 75mm SA f/5.6 and f/8 should work fine.