Pentax 645 battery holder?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by paullgj, Jul 10, 2006.

1. paullgj

paullgj Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've had the good fortune to be given a Pentax 645 medium format camera for free. Only problem, the grip is missing the battery holder. I'm having a hard time locating a battery holder - B&H sells one for the 645N, but I don't know if it will fit this older model. Can anyone suggest a source for the battery holder of the older Pentax 645 model? Thank you.

2. CLAPhoto

CLAPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try KEH in Atlanta.

3. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There were some going through the auction site recently and they went for what I felt were rather low final bids. If you have the time and patience, I imagine they pop up from time to time. I just took a look now as I write this and there aren't any listed but there's an over-priced full grip assembly on there.

4. paullgj

paullgj Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Have looked and still can't find the battery holder

I've looked and looked on e-bay and elsewhere. The only thing I can find is at B&H - an overpriced ($209.95) grip and it's backordered. KEH doesn't have any. I'm going to have to scour the junked cameras and pawnshops to buy a "parts" 645.

5. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Did you try Pentax? I think they still offer repairs for these cameras so parts should be available.

6. paullgj

paullgj Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Lee,

Yes, I just called Pentax this morning and the battery holder is on its way! I will now be adding 645 medium format to my Nikon manual focus photography.

Thanks.

Gene

7. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think you'll enjoy the P645. Great lenses and ergonomics.

8. Bighead

Bighead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Another vote for calling Pentax... They are really helpful. They totally reconditioned my 645 to factory specs....... It was spendy, but worth it.....