Pentax 67 strap lugs, are they the same as Mamiya?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by 415km, Jan 22, 2012.

1. 415km

415km Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all,
    I tried searching this but couldn't find an anwser. Are the strap lugs on my pentax 67 the same as Mamiya? Could I buy a Mamiya rb or 645 strap with those lugs and just clip it right on?

Also anyone have a recomendation on a long strap? I'm 6'5" and can't find many that suit me. I would ideally like a leather strap, I know about the optech straps but am not too hot on those.

thanks!

2. bushpig

bushpig Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm pretty sure that the Pentax lugs are different than the RB. I've never owned a Pentax 67, 6x7, etc, but I just checked and the lugs are nothing like the ones on my RB67 Pro-S.

3. Chris Lange

Chris Lange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes you can use a mamiya strap on a P67, I have used them on the original 6x7, the newer 67, and have seen the same lugs on the latest 67II.

I use my dad's Mamiya RZ67 Pro II straps on mine.

4. Dan Daniel

Dan Daniel Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    According to the Op/tech web site, the connectors are the same:
    http://optechusa.com/straps/super-pro-strap.html
    (select the specification tab and there is a chart on the right)

(Looking at their little diagrams of the connectors, that B strap lug opening looks to go almost to the edge of the metal!! Scary.)

5. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The connectors do the same job, but the lugs are not the same — either round or square, and the strap lugs are not interchangeable on a mismatched lug.
    Either type of strap lug is actually very robust; I've been using the B=-typenow for more than 2 months on my 2.8kg 67. Isolated reports of the original pentax ear-clips go around where they have unhooked from the lug and resulted in the behemoth 67 making hurry for the ground! Seems fairly difficult to imagine this happens; possibly a fatigue-wear problem.