Pentax 67II CLA In Canada

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by braxus, Jul 26, 2014.

1. braxus

braxus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Pentax 67II that I'd like to do a CLA (clean, lube, adjust) on and I'm thinking to sending it to Ricoh Canada which services Pentax now. Anyone have any idea of a ballpark figure of what the cost to do this would be?

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. braxus

braxus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I forgot about Horst. He used to run Vancam some years ago and retired. He actually repaired my old 6x7 camera in 2003. I did try calling him, but he didn't answer his phone.

Other options would be to send to Vancam in Vancouver, but they can't get parts. And I'm kinda leary about sending them my camera, since they ruined a Canon T90 I had some years ago. I really question their experience with the 67. They say they can work on it, but that doesn't mean they know the camera.

Another option is to send to KEH in the USA for repair. They apparently bought up a lot of Pentax parts from Pentax a few years back, so they have stock of some parts. Rocoh USA doesn't have much for this camera, and the Canadian outlet has no parts.

Who else in the USA is experienced with the 67II and can do a good job on a CLA?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  4. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. braxus

braxus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I left him an email.

6. ggervais

ggervais Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Eric is your best bet for a P67. IMHO

7. braxus

braxus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Eric won't do it because of parts supply problems from Pentax. Looks like I'll have to bug Horst again. Lets hope he can do it without needing parts. KEH won't ship internationally.

8. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It may be worth an email to Camtech in Hamilton Ontario. I have not used them but others report good service and repairs for med. format and leaf shutter cameras. Just a thought. Good luck.

9. braxus

braxus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Many places won't work on these anymore, because parts are pretty much nill at this point for 6x7 cameras. If something needs replacing, you're hooped.