Pentax Digital Spotmeter repair - who in US??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by tkamiya, May 25, 2014.

1. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just acquired a semi-functioning Pentax Digital Spotmeter. It seems to work and reading fairly closely matches my Sekonic. One thing that does not work is a right "dot" in the view finder where it would indicate +2/3. As someone who know this meter would be familiar, the reading in view finder consists of numeric display and two "dots". One dot means +1/3 and two dots means +2/3. Well, the right side dot do not illuminate.

I rather have this professionally repaired than try to do it myself. I would also want this calibrated.

I've contacted Pentax and awaiting response - but website says "case-by-case basis...." I'm not expecting a favorable response.

Are there anyone in United States who can still repair this meter and do a great job? Anyone have personal experience with any of the repair houses?

Thanks!

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would contact either Richard Ritter or Quality Light Metric

3. Renato Tonelli

Renato Tonelli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Both Quality Light Metric and Richard Ritter service these light meters - both are reliable.

4. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I will contact them on Tuesday. Thank you very much.

5. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Reporting back:

Sent my meter to Quality Light Metric. Came back functioning as new. The repair rate was very reasonable and it was pretty quick. Thanks for the recommendation.