Pentax med format books?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by f/16, Sep 3, 2013.

1. f/16

f/16 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are there any Magic Lantern Guides, System Handbooks, or other publications for Pentax MF? There's just about any kind of book you can think of for Nikon, and I have many of them :smile:

2. Tom Richard

Tom Richard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Google comes up short, i´ll bet that something has been made back in the day. Then again, it´s a shutter, viewfinder and aperture so the table of content might cut it a little short for a book. Best bet is to use online forums.

3. DREW WILEY

DREW WILEY Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The wonderful thing about those cameras, esp the P67, is that you DIDN'T need a guidebook. Just basic settings, choice of lenses, etc - no
    silly bells & whistles beyond what a few pages of owner's manual or a brochure described. The reputations of specific lenses are best known
    by simply asking current users. ... But I've never seen a guidebook for em.

4. Alan Gales

Alan Gales Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There are PDF's of instruction manuals for Pentax 67 and 645 series cameras available on the web. Like Drew said the Pentax medium format cameras are very easy to use. I used to own the advanced 645 Nll and it was simply a joy to shoot.

5. f/16

f/16 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not necessarily looking for a guidebook to operate a particular camera. Just want a book that covers every Pentax MF product ever made.

6. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think what you want exists.

7. mklw1954

mklw1954 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format