Pentax Spotmeter, oldie but goodie, non-zone system converted

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Eric Rose, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have used this meter for years. Has always been a great performer, especially in low light situations. Only reason I am selling it is I have a Sekonic 558. User condition, hey it's seen some miles and helped me create some tremendous images. Has some tape residue on one side. Comes with original lens cap and case.

Price $100

I only take PayPal, shipping not included, sales to US, UK and Canada only. Shipping is from Calgary AB, Canada postal code T3A 5V4. Go to the Canada Post website to find out the shipping cost. I have no idea what the merchandise weights, check it out yourself on the web please. I will not reply to requests for shipping costs. You get 3 days to inspect. If you want to return merchandise it will be at your expense and must be received by me in the same condition it was sent to you in to obtain refund. These are my conditions, if you don't like them don't contact me. Sorry to be harsh, but in the long run it saves on miscommunication.

Attached Files:

2. klarifon

klarifon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pm sent

/Jonas

3. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    As I said US, Canada and UK only. Thanks for your interest though.

4. vedmak

vedmak Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    is it the one that uses mercury batteries or a newer version?

5. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Currently it has a Alkaline PC640A plus a nine volt battery in it. Works fine.

6. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have this same meter -- Eric speaks the truth when he says it's a great one to use.

Super price, too, or I'd leap at it.

7. Daniel Lancaster

Daniel Lancaster Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to laugh every time someone writes 'Postage only to US, Canada and UK'.

It is by definition the most nonsensical phrase ever to be uttered or written.

8. werra

werra Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You are just jelaous about not living in the civilized world :tongue:

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The most nonesensical phrase is "Postage to the US only". Generally American sonly like to post within their own country whilst the rest of us are generally happy to post it anywhere as long as the customer is paying.

Anyway, it's Eric's sale and he can choose to send or not to send it anywhere he likes although I would have thought that if the UK was acceptable then the rest of the EU would be too.

Steve.

10. apkujeong

apkujeong Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I might have been interested, but don't see why anyone should look up the weight on the internet. Maybe simpler for the seller to pop it on the kitchen scales and make life a bit easier? Maybe someone can buy it and ship it on to Finland? Finnish people always strike me as efficient, I'm sure their post office will be ok! :smile:

11. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You want the reasons, well here they are:

1. I don't have a scale
    2. I don't have time to research and respond to 150 different ship to locations to determine costs
    3. The further away it is the more likely things will either get lost or damaged. Since the stuff is so cheap there won't be insurance on it so I take the hit.
    4. I'm not a business
    5. I'm selling this stuff really cheap as a favour to our membership, so any potential buyers can just do a little leg work themselves in return

Simple enough for you?

12. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If that is the most nonsensical thing you have ever heard, you've led a charmed life.

13. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would like to have it, but I refuse to use paypal, I'm a firm believer in cash or USPS money orders, and not letting paypal into my bank--ever again.

14. Exeter2010

Exeter2010 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I will venture a guess that Eric has had some experience selling and trading on the 'Bay, which may to some extent explain his disposition toward offering something for sale in an online classified. I imply no reflection whatsoever on any APUG user with these remarks, but if you've spent any time on the Big Site you would know that every kind of imbecile will eventually find some reason to make your life hell over the least of things and it doesn't matter how clearly you've explained it, how well you've defined it, or how liberal your terms are. trade enough there and for sure, some idiot is bound to take a simple transaction and turn it into an expensive fiasco that can devour hours and hours of your time and money. Over much less than a $100 spot meter.

I don't mean any offense to anyone here on APUG and if I'm off on this observation, forgive me. I'm just sayin'.

15. Exeter2010

Exeter2010 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry about that. I've had a few bad experiences lately and had to vent. Good luck with your meter Eric.

16. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've enjoyed the transactions I've done with Eric (including the one I'm in the midst of now).

Although it is hard to guess weights from the other side of a mountain range. :smile:

Next time I see a decent kitchen scale in the local thrift store for less than $3.00 (like the one I have) I should probably buy it and offer it to Eric.

17. akfreak

akfreak Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Remind me not to sell anything here. I am just a happy buyer! WOW! I feel sorry for the OP. The man is offering an awesome spot-meter for a bill, and has to jump thru hoops to figure postage. I would of just listed it to USonly and used a small flat rate box. Good luck with your sale, I am surprised it is still here. Had I not just won an auction for the pentax digi model I would of jumped on this.

18. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It sure would be nice if Canada Post offered a flat rate box service - but they don't. You need to weigh every parcel you send in order to determine postage.

I repeat - I've enjoyed working with Eric. I'll add - I'd recommend him highly!

19. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This thread is about selling a very nice meter. The OP has every right to put restrictions on where he will ship to. I have made a sale or two here and enjoy giving a good deal to APUG members. Not that I have much to part with. Good luck with the sale!

20. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've owned one of these meters in the past and they are great. Currently have the digital Pentax and love it.

I buy and sell a bunch of stuff in various different places. Going to the Post Office to make an overseas shipment can be a royal PITA. I do ship overseas and sometimes sell stuff only for domestic buyers. It is time I'm concerned with and getting an hour or so of my time tied up in a sale, is a concern for me.

Some time in the past I adopted this definition of "Time." Time - essential non-refundable segments of one's life.

Helps me determine how to invest my time. Standing in a line at the post office and filling out a bunch of forms is most often "spending" rather than "investing" my time. Bill Barber

21. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Don't they weigh it when you take it to the post office? They do here and the procedure is the same wherever in the world the parcel is being sent.

Why would Eric do that when he is in Canada. I really hate the 'post within the US only attitude' on some classified adverts and e-bay listings.

Steve.

22. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hey there boys and girls, I'm trying to sell a meter here at a very decent price btw. If you want to start another thread about shipping stuff please do.

23. teepoe

teepoe Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is this still avaliable?

24. Surrealistic

Surrealistic Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cam Sa Mida, Seoul also has a very great postal system!