Pentax Spotmeter price info

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by johnny9fingers, May 18, 2007.

1. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello, I need to get another Hexar AF and am going to sell my spotmeter to put towards the purchase. It is a Pentax Spotmeter V - Zone IV modified in excellent condition. Is $350 a reasonable price for this???? I've seen a couple going for $399 at KEH.

2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am not sure what the Zone IV mod is worth, but on eBay the Spotmeter V has recently sold for $170 - $280, with more of them toward the lower end of the range. If someone wants to pay you that, then certainly it is worth it, otherwise, I don't know.

3. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Paul, I don't know where to price it and I don't want to put an unreasonable amount.

4. Jim Noel

Jim Noel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Your price is reasonable for a Zone VI modified Pentax meter if it i in near excellent condition.

5. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is not a digital meter and I gauged my price question based on similar meters for sale at KEH. Ebay seems to be an unwieldy beast with prices fluctuating as wildly as teenage hormones on prom night.

6. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have it for sale here now. It ssems I was asking a bit much and have dropped the price to $250. It really is in nice shape and should be used, not stuck in a cupboard.