Perceptol in wine bottles

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Joe O'Brien, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Joe O'Brien

Joe O'Brien Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm about to mix up perceptol to stock strength, but I need something to hold the stock solution in before I dilute it to my working strength. I have a few empty wine bottles, and I'm wondering what I should do to clean them before putting perceptol in them? I imagine I need to be careful with what I use to clean them so residue doesn't react with the perceptol.

2. markbarendt

markbarendt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I actually use "wine boxes", a normal dish soap and a really good, repeated rinse.

3. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Empty 500ml-2 liter water or soda bottles are easier to clean than glass, and you can squeeze the air out easier. Mark's wine boxes are excellent as well, Kodak used to ship liquid chems in a similar packaging 40 years ago.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. kevs

kevs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wine bottles would be fine, so long as they're screw-top ones, or you wax the corks to seal them. Just rinse your bottles with water, a little wine won't hurt the developer and may improve the flavour. Try not to serve with fish, chicken or on its own, chilled or otherwise... :smile:

I prefer 500ml plastic pop bottles (ID-11 stock; 4+ years is fine!); like Bob says, squeeze out the air as you use the stock. Avoid concertina bottles; they are poop IMO.