Perceptol lives! [And more news from Ilford representative!]

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by jrong, Oct 26, 2005.

1. jrong

jrong Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just a word to all UK-based APUGgers...

Ilford Perceptol is back in stock... I just got 5 boxes from Silverprint.

Just passing the word around. :smile:

Jin

2. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wonder if it will make back to the left side of the Atlantic...my queries to the Ilford folks here have gone unanswered and I'm down to my last box.

Dave
    (not really wanting to try something else; just yet)

3. mario Ag+

mario Ag+ Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds good i always wanted to try it. Barry Thornton speaks highly of it in "The edge of darkness". But ever since I read about it I never got a chance to get some because its not easily found here in Cyprus.Anybody got any prefered developing times and dilutions to share?

4. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess this means I can finally mix up my last box! I'm sure Perceptol will make it to the US...the Ilford powdered chemicals have been making it over here pretty quickly after their UK re-release. Keep an eye on the B&H web site. They seem to list the chemicals first, even though they'll list them before they're actually in stock. I'd guess about a month at the most until we see Perceptol listed on B&H.

I started using Perceptol after reading "Edge of Darkness", and still love the look it gives for certain situations. I've found it especially wonderful for anything architectural.

Happy news indeed. Thanks for sharing it.

5. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have been shooting HP5+ at 250 and wonder how it would do in perceptol. any comments?

6. haris

haris Guest

I live in country in which there is no dealers of film, paper and chemistry companies. Only exeption is EFKE. I am using mainly Ilford. So I allways buyed material from abroad. That is reason why I can not understand how problem can be if there is no particular product in one country. If there where are you David, if there are no Perceptol, simply order it directly from UK or somewhere where it is on sale. I am doing that for years, and if I can, everyone else can.

Regards

7. kaiyen

kaiyen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Perceptol

I can confirm PERCEPTOL is back in stock at ILFORD and has been shipped to our distributors Worldwide

9. BBMOR

BBMOR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey
    i do it always and devellop in perceptol 1+3 at 24 ° C ,minimum use 200 ml in a tank, agitation :after the first 30' 15 secs and then each 2min 3x ,gaves marvelous neg whith a real large grayscale and easy printing on grade 2-2.5 without grain from 35mm film till 40x50 FB print
    just try it

jm

10. BarryWilkinson

BarryWilkinson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Perceptol

That's great news Simon. Perceptol is my favorite developer.

BTW Welcome to APUG, a great many of your customers visit here. I hope you don't get too overwelmed with their wish list!

Barry

11. mikeg

mikeg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Welcome Simon to APUG. From your message and location you imply that you work for Ilford. If so, then doubly welcome! I'm sure that you'll now get bombarded with questions and requests. Let me be the first, can you influence the powers that be to bring back postcard paper. You'd make a lot of people here very happy :D Also, what's the news on Delta 25 :D:D and 220 film, the new toners and developers etc, etc ...... :wink:

Mike

12. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure what's going on Allan, but when I click on those links I'm getting color pictures.

13. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much for the confirmation Simon, and welcome to APUG. I hope we'll see more of you here.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't shoot HP5+, but I believe you're close to the appropriate speed for Perceptol 1:3. Give it a try...it's an amazingly sharp, fine grained developer...speed is the only thing that it lacks. But honestly, I'd rather have the quality of the images I get with Perceptol than full box speed any day.

16. kaiyen

kaiyen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  17. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  18. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I cannot find perceptol here in the US. Any ideas?

19. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe it will be another few weeks before it shows up here. Check around the middle of the month. Keep an eye on B&H; they'll probably list it in their catalog as soon as they have a confirmed delivery date.

20. BarryWilkinson

BarryWilkinson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Mike, check Simon's public profile

Barry

21. Fotohuis

Fotohuis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wrong statement in EU countries. This is stricktly forbidden by EU law!

22. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the welcome to APUG, I have visited many times and APUG is well known by all at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited. If I can help be clarifying information I will certainly do so, yes I want to know what monochrome customers want, what issues are out there, I am here to learn.

Simon.

23. mikeg

mikeg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    That's great news. I just looked at your profile and see that you ARE one of the "powers that be" at Ilford/Harman! Let me just say that I'm sure that everyone here at APUG is just as desperate for Ilford to succeed as you are and that we all wish you well after some very difficult times. I feel that this website is increasingly becoming the most important place on the web for all of us traditional workers, so stay around!

Cheers

Mike

24. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am sure it will not have escaped Ilford's attention that the U.S. market is crucial for its future and if APUG members represents B&W photography's needs in the U.S. then from a revenue aspect then there is "gold in them thar hills"

Pentaxuser

25. haris

haris Guest

I will proudly say that I am tommorow going to order about hundred of films, few hundreds sheets of paper and chemistry. This is difficult with monthly income of about 500 EUROS, but that is my way to say thank you Ilford for continuing supporting us b/w analoug photographers. And of course to continue to do what I love :smile:...

What I as monochrome customer want from Ilford is that I can continue to buy material (film, paper, chemistry, etc...) without difficulty to buy from my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina), and if possibile with prices simillar to current prices (of course cheaper is better :smile:). Nothing more, but nothing less.

For now I don't have problems with buying Ilford products (I am buying from seller recommended by Ilford), and I am happy with prices. My only wish is continuing of conditions by which I am getting Ilford material. That is all I want...

26. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Mike,

Thanks for your welcome to APUG : Perhaps if I use your initial questions and broaden it out a bit that may help. From the date of the MBO ( 19th February 05 ) and the establishment of ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited we have been concentrating on putting the business on a firm foundation, I am very pleased to report that it has gone very well to date and we are trading ahead of plan. As we have had gradually more time to get into the market and speak with our distributors, dealers and end users we have been listening to what they want us to do, especially from a product point of view.

Since february our key product focus has been re-introducing our chemical products which were an immediate victim of the receivership of the old company. This work is now mostly complete, all the important liquids are back and more recently the powders ID11 PERCEPTOL and MICROPHEN all of these products are now shipping to distributors ( including the US ) and should be back on the shelves now or very soon. I am pleased to tell you that ID11 2.5 ltr Replenisher and BROMOPHEN 5 ltr will return in late January 2006.

Our two new 1lt paper developers ILFORD HARMAN WARMTONE and ILFORD HARMAN COOLTONE will appear on the shelves at the same time, January 2006, as will an improved ILFORD WASHAID. So thats stage one, we also had to re-introduce our single use HP5+ camera, our processors and dryers and get all the spares sorted.

Stage 2 is all the things our customers have talked to us about ( so far ) we want to do lots of things, they must be commercially viable, and we must have the resources available to deliver quality products on time, so they will have to be prioritised. DELTA 25 is one of these products, it is clear a demand does exist for a slow film, but the R&D resource for a new film product, as I am sure you appreciate is significant, so its in the process and being talked about but too early to say its a project, or what priority it will have. I notice you mention toners, they are also being discussed and a feasability project has been started, but no priority or launch date has been set as yet.

Postcards : I have seen lots of mails about products, but not many about postcards ( PORTFOLIO ) I will talk to our distributors and look at the previous sales levels and review the product, definately no promises on this one.

220 :We have certainly had mails about 220, I also saw ( on APUG ) that our
    220 finishing machine was obsolete, its true, but only half the story, sales by volume compared to 120 are very low, but they are to a key and vocal user group, we have looked at the options around re-introduction, but it would not be viable to buy a new converting machine, we have looked at finishing it elsewhere, and we have not given up that as a possibility, but a big issue for us is quality control, so I will keep you informed of any progress.

We want to offer choice, we have seen many much loved products from other manufacturers go, we think thats sad for our industry and the monochrome fraternity, we think especially of our friends in AGFA Photo at this time, whose mono products are admired by end users ( and ILFORD Photo ) our passion is monochrome and where we can, you will see new products to continue to offer choice to the creative photographer and printer : Hope I did not go on too long :

Kind Regards Simon