perhaps this is good news!

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by ann, Oct 13, 2004.

1. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    http://www.agfaphoto.com/l/en/

Maybe they will take marketing seriously :smile: and the lovers of their products can continue to gain access to them easily.

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ann,

Thank you it looks like potentially good news from where I'm sitting. Looking through I found thier Black and white course which hopefully shows a commitment! There's also pictures of Rodinal bottles there .... here comes Morten :wink:

Tony

4. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    digital film huh? I am going to buy one, run it through some ID-11, then send it back and ask what went wrong.. :smile:

5. JD Morgan

JD Morgan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmmm....

Very curious that nothing d*****l is listed at the 'Professional' menu :D

Could this be some sort of intentional sign (kinda like when POWs blink in morse code for the video)? Perhaps just a Freudian signal even?

6. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    We haven't heard from Morten recently. Do you think he has become CEO of AgfaPhoto without letting us know?

7. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hans - If he had wouldn't it be called RodinalPhoto?

8. Brac

Brac Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A quick look at this link shows pictures of APX100 & 400 in both 35mm & 120 size (which answers one recent concern) & five different B&W film developers etc etc. So this looks quite encouraging. They also boast of the recent injection of capital; just what Ilford needs I guess.

9. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well they are talking the talk, so hopefully they will walk the walk and improve marketing and distribution. I have not used Agfa paper for a while even though it is a great paper. Looks like its time to place an order for a box or two.

10. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  11. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    'tis great paper as you say Jim. It's also one of the most readily available in NZ. Along with Ilford Multigrade and Forte papers that is. Incidentally, I noticed they recently changed the packaging on their papers. Perhaps the improved marketing and distribution has started :smile: .

12. Dean Williams

Dean Williams Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Of all the things I've ordered through the common channels (B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, etc.) Agfa papers are one of the few things that I have never had back ordered as far back as I can remember. I use at least 200 sheets of 8x10 Agfa RC per month, besides the other brands I regularly use. Luminos, Forte, Paterson, and Kodak products (even Tri-X!) to name a few, have all come up as back ordered in the past many years at one time or another. Not Agfa, though. Marketing is another matter. They need to get aggressive.

13. John Cook

John Cook Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The answer to my e-mail to customer service sadly confirms that in spite of this nice new website, Agfa no longer manufactures sheet film. For the duration, I shall refuse to purchase any film in rolls which is not also available in sheets.