Philly Street Shooting Workshop with Les McLean

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by wfe, Dec 3, 2006.

1. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This post is simply to announce the possibility of this workshop. Nothing is definite yet. Les and I are discussing it and just want to test the interest level at this time. It would take place probably in July 2007 in Philadelphia, PA. Les would lead the workshop with assistance from myself and possibly Lee Carmichael. We don't have details figured out yet so please forward your interest level to me along with any questions. We may not have answers yet but certainly the questions will help us. Should you or someone you know be interested in providing some sponsorship please let me know. Les loves the Philly area but it is an expensive trip across the pond.

Cheers,
    Bill

2. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Assuming it would focus on the older neighborhoods or industrial areas, I'd probably be interested.

What kind of duration, etc. are you thinking about?

3. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is this in addition to, or replacing the Texas Workshop?

Thanks

4. Karl K

Karl K Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm very interested, especially in shooting the Italian Markets very early in the morning. Would that be on your agenda? Kindly keep me informed.

5. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am not in a position to speak to the TX workshop and don't know if that will take place this year or not. I'll ask Les and Lee.

Cheers,
    Bill

6. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm interested in attending this workshop. After the details have been worked out I can give a definite yes or no.

7. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Will follow development of this idea with interest. Philly is just a short train ride away....

8. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    At this time Les and I have no firm plans to offer the darkroom workshop again. If there were sufficient interest I am sure something could be worked out. If you are interested in attending a darkroom workshop at my darkroom with Les and me, please pm me. My pm is lee.

lee\c

9. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    A very rough (just a ballpark as to the order of magnitude) cost estimate would help a lot. If it's a couple hundred bucks, I'm interested. If it's more than $500, I'm not.

10. Shinnya

Shinnya Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe he can offer a different workshop at our facility during his stay if comes to Philadelphia.

We would be happy to host with his lecture on his work!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  11. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, the distance to attend is nearly optimal! I currently have a little trouble planning what I'm doing next week, but as the time draws closer, I could be interested if the cost is not too stressful.

DaveT

12. HowardDvorin

HowardDvorin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I live on the Jersey side of the Delaware River(just a hop , skip , and jump away from Philadelphia) I,too, would be intersted. Please keep my posted as you solidify the details

13. highpeak

highpeak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am very interested.

Alex W.

14. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Funny...I thought Phily was closed! Well, I guess that was a rumor.

Oh, maybe if you schedule it right before or right after the View Camera conference down in Louisville which runs from June 27-July 1st, some of us might do both.

drew

15. Shinnya

Shinnya Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Italian Market is fun as well as South Street is always crowded with a wide range of people.

I can also take you to a really nice cemetery just outside of philadelphia too if anyone is interested. There is a lot to explore in Philadelphia!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

16. JustK

JustK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Bill,
    I'd be very interested!
    Looking forward to hearing more,
    Krystyna

17. pesphoto

pesphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    i might be interested

18. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump....
    Just wanted to give this a bump and let everyone know that Les and I are discussing things in greater detail. Nothing definite but things are looking good for sometime in June, 2007.

Cheers,
    Bill

19. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Philly Street Photography Workshop with Les McLean - June 23-24, 2007

The Street Photography workshop is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday June 23rd – 24th in Philadelphia, PA.

Les’s Street Photography workshop is one of his most popular. Street Photography is a two-day workshop that takes the participants on to the streets of a chosen location to make photographs of people. The key to the success of Street Photography is the ability to communicate with people and to anticipate what they are going to do. The objects of the workshop are to help build your confidence in engaging strangers in conversations that pave the way to gaining the trust of the subject, and to demonstrate a number of methods used in the making of candid photographs. In The Street Photography workshop either film based or digital cameras can be used. Bring some of your work, as Les will be conducting critiques as well.

The total workshop cost for the two days is $300.00 per person. A 50% deposit is required to hold your spot and must be received no later than March 31, 2007. All checks will be payable to William F. Earle. Please email (wfe@wfephotography.com) or PM me and I’ll send you my address. Also please feel free to contact me with any questions.

This will be Les’s last Street Photography workshop in the US.

Cheers,
    Bill