Photo equipment to give away (postage only)

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by KKrumbholz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. KKrumbholz

KKrumbholz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear photo-enthusiasts,
    in an attempt to declutter my house, I have decided to part with my old analogue photo equipment. It is not particularly sophisticated, and there is a possibility that the photometer of the camera may need repair, so I am giving everything away for free (you would only have to pay for postage or come and collect; I live in Nottingham).
    The equipment includes:
    1 Minolta X-300 camera with MD 50 mm 1:1.7 lens (no working battery and photometer may be broken)
    1 Exakta 35-70 mm 1:3.5-4.8 MC Macro zoom lens
    1 Vivitar Series 1 28-105 mm 1:2.8-3.8 VMC Macro zoom lens
    1 SAKAR 2x Tele Converter M/MD
    2 camera bags
    1 AGFA HDCPlus 200 colour film with 36 pictures
    Best wishes, Katrin

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello.

Can you tell me the lens mount of the Vivitar 28-105 lens? If it fits the Minolta camera, I would be interested.

Steve.

3. doomtroll

doomtroll Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I may be interested in the camera bags. Can you post a photo of them?

4. KKrumbholz

KKrumbholz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve, I can't find any more information on the lens than what I have given in my original e-mail, but I can say that the lens fits the Minolta X-300 camera, as do all the other lenses that I'm giving away. I have been using all of them with that camera. Best wishes, K

5. KKrumbholz

KKrumbholz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'll try sending a photo next week. Do you live in GB (otherwise postage may be too expensive)? Best wishes, K

6. doomtroll

doomtroll Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I live in the US, but if the bags are nice enough, I'll still consider paying postage...

7. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you. In that case, I am definitely interested in the Vivitar 28 - 105 lens.

Also, if no one else is interested in the camera body and other lenses, I would be interested in them too but I would rather let others have a chance first.

Steve.

8. KKrumbholz

KKrumbholz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve, it doesn't seem that anybody else would be interested in the lenses. Shall I wrap everything and get you a quote for postage? If you aren't keen on the other lenses and the camera, I could also just pack the Vivitar lens; it's your choice. Best wishes, K

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello.

As I said, I am interested in the 28-105 mainly but a second Minolta body would be nice to have. Once you have got rid of that, there doesn't seem much point in you keeping the other lenses so if no one else declares an interest then yes, I would be interested in the body and the other lenses too. Even if I eventually give them to someone else who wants a film camera to start on (which I have done in the past a couple of times).

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
  10. cagwait

cagwait Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi i may be interested in the x-300 camera if still available as i have a 50mm 1.7 with a XE-5 body which is very heavy to carry around and i want to get back into film photography after a 5 year absence. l live in Rugby

Mark

11. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In that case, I will just have the Vivitar 28-105 lens if that is still available. Let me know the postage price and I will send it to you.

Steve.

12. KKrumbholz

KKrumbholz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear everybody, sorry for the long delay in my reply; I was away from my computer. Ok, here is the plan: I'll send the Vivitar lens to Steve and the camera to Mark [Mark, I'm not entirely sure whether the photometer in the camera is working propperly (can't check, becuase no battery); I could send you the camera anyway and you can reimburse me for the postage once you have ascertained that it is actually usable). Doomtroll, with regard to the camera bags, I really don't think it would be a sensible silly idea to send them all the way to the US, because the postage will almost certainly be as expensive as the bags themselves. If I'm honest, I'd much rather just give them to a local charity shop. I hope you agree. Ok, now for Mark and Steve, I need your postal addresses. Maybe the best thing would be to write me an e-mail (katrin@ihr.mrc.ac.uk). Best wishes, Katrin

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    E-mail sent.

Steve.