Photo exhibition at NGV

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Wyno, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Wyno

Wyno Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Just a short note.
    The National Gallery of Victoria is putting on a display of some of its15,000 photos with works from every decade back to the 1800's. I'm not sure when it starts but details are in Tuesday 3rd November's copy of the Age. You could probably get more details from the gallery's website. www.ngv.vic.gov.au.
    cheers
    Mike

2. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for posting this. Wish I could jet down to see this.

3. SMBooth

SMBooth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good call!! And that goes for long enough I'll just have to see it - I only made the Dali exhibition within the last week (when the queues were starting to grow quite long)...

Marc

5. Joachim_I

Joachim_I Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I went to see the exhibition. Very nice. Includes work of Edward Weston (Nautilus shell) and Ansel Adams (one of the Yosemite photos). The only disappointment was the very small size of the exhibition. As a side note, I thougt it was slightly embarrassing for the NGV to repeatedly spell Alfred Stieglitz as "Steiglitz."

I also saw the exhibition of the Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Group of the The Melbourne Camera Club at Michaels (museum floor). Highly recommended as well. Some very nice B&W work including some work of APUG member Barrie B. I think this exhibition is closing soon.

6. junqbox

junqbox Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think I'll try and catch this with the Dennis Hopper exhibition when I'm down in a fortnight.