Photo Flea Market Box Hill Victoria Sept 19th - 9am - 1PM

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Andrew K, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Andrew K

Andrew K Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all

just a reminder the next photo market is on Sunday week the 19th September at the Box Hill Town Hall, Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill - starting at 9am.

Admission is still only $2.

I'm on the organising committee, and we have listened to the feedback from the last market, and are trying a new table layout. Hopefully the new layout will spread people out a bit more so there will be more room around the tables.

I'm also sharing a table with a friend of mine -I'll be near the front door, so drop by and say hi. Just look for the table with the Pentax 67 outfit on it (roughish, but working well and cheap), a Graphic View 5X4 and a few interesting darkroom bits..

See you then

Andrew

2. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'll be there!!

Marc!

3. jacksond

jacksond Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'll be there and willing to help out as I'm a member of APCS.

Jack

4. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll try to be there. :smile:

5. Andrew K

Andrew K Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Jack

thanks for the offer - but unlike Camberwell we don't hav eto set up or pack up - it's included in the hall rental...

However if you want to volunteer to sit on the door for an hour or so let me know

Cheers

6. mick8585

mick8585 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    hI andrew, will you have a fairly wide Pentax 67 lens? Maybe a 55 ? I want something less than 90.

7. jacksond

jacksond Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    i'm happy to sit on the door for an hour or so if needed. Relieved that there is no setting up, etc!

Jack

8. Andrew K

Andrew K Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thanks Jack - can you send Alan King a email - I'm sure he'd appreciate the help!

market@apcsociety.com.au

Cheers

Andrew

9. Kevin Caulfield

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    See you there Andrew and Marc.

10. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Neato - hopefully someone has an inexpensive Copal 3 top hat lensboard in the Linhof/Wista style they're selling for a song...

Marc!

11. Kevin Caulfield

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ...and don't forget the 'blad for Christine. :smile:

12. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    aaargh, yes, if only I'd won or even entered the tattslotto...

Marc!

13. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Im going tomorrow.. but I dont have any phone credit, I'll have to hold up an APUG sign or something.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. SMBooth

SMBooth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    APUGers should meet in the coffee lounge at 10.00...

16. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Can I get a hot milo instead of coffee? >.>

17. w9cae

w9cae Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ok I made it there this time, tooo much push & shove for my liking.

18. Kevin Caulfield

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It was way better than the previous one, not as much pushing and shoving this time. My five year old was over it within the first two minutes, but we said a quick hello to Mick, Shane, Marc and Christine. How did everybody go? Mick and Shane bought some nice $50 loupes. I bought a 90mm lens. Anybody else?

19. paul ewins

paul ewins Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I was there at opening time for once, mainly because I had to leave by 9:45 for another appointment. A quiet day for me - the only significant thing was a Peak enlarging focuser for $80 which at one stage had been priced over $500. It is a model 1 (the top of the range), and was brand new so I decided to splurge a little. The other bits were just as analog - a couple of Pentax reloadable cartridges (one in it's box), a Linhof 70mm cartridge and a Pentax eyecup II which is probably for the spotmatic/K cameras. There were other bits and pieces but nothing I couldn't pick up on eBay just as cheap.

20. SMBooth

SMBooth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well beside the Peak x4 square loupe, I pick up some 50 sheets each of 8x10 RC paper and 12x16 RC paper.

21. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yet again I bought nothing at all!! Such self-restraint - we were on the lookout for a Hasselblad for Christine to try, and I did like the stall with all the beautiful Rolleiflexes on it....

Looking forward to the March one...

Marc!

22. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I bought 8 rolls of Agfa Vista 200 (exp 2009) for $8, and 20 rolls of some 400 speed C-41, in a black canister, with french writing under "For color prints" (same thing but in french) that would seem about the same age for $10.

35mm bulk loader for $15.

Some parts of a colour analyser/enlarger that needs repair for $20.

I didnt have much to spend :sad:

23. jacksond

jacksond Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I picked up an OM1w/1.8/50 at the market. The lens has a sticky/weak diaphragm spring. My fault for not checking more thoroughly. I think I'm over OM's now. I traded some in with lenses a while ago and felt nostalgic, but that's over now. I think I'lll stick to Nikon and Leica. The APCS changed the setup with the tables and it seems to have helped with access. Most markets can be a bit of a bun fight at times.

24. Andrew K

Andrew K Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can add another Peake focusscope for me (there were only model 2's and 3's left when I got there)..still for $30 who's complaining?? I also got a Reflex Korelle - a 1930's 120 SLR - rough, but working perfectly...for $10 I'm more than happy!

Sold a bit too - didn't buy a Rolleiflex, but if I'd realised how much I'd sold....

I think the table layout worked better, and there were more people this time than the last market - just over 500 through the doors...

As usual I missed out on a few bargains...a friend picked up a old 28/6.3 Leica Hektor wide angle...another friend got a Canon 6 rangefinder with lens..it was jammed, but he managed to get it working....very nice camera....

Don't know whether I'll have a table in March...then again...that's what I always say.....it is a good way to get a bit of money together to buy more toys.....

25. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    "I also got a Reflex Korelle - a 1930's 120 SLR - rough, but working perfectly...for $10 I'm more than happy!"

Damn! Wish I had gotten one of those :O

26. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I picked up the aforementioned Peak 4 x loupe, beautiful little thing, better than my Schneider one for the GG of a camera, square base makes a reall difference.

I also managed to find a pair of virtually brand new Lisco Regal II DDS, still in the original packaging, $30.00.

Good to meet up with some of the others.

Met Athiril, first person I have ever seen walking around with an RB67 as his walk around camera in his back pack. Then when he pulled out the 4x5 as well, I wasn't too sure what was to follow. I know there was other stuff in there. Plus he was walking around with shopping bags full of film and draped over a shoulder was the colour enlarger bits.

The layout of the tables was fantastic, plus talking to Alan King he mentioned that with this layout they were able to get a couple more tables in.

Perhaps they should enforce a clearance to the walkway to the coffee place. Borg had their table there and were basically spreading stuff all over the place. They also had so much stuff on the floor it was a hazard and I saw one person fall onto another as he walked past and didn't see stuff about 1 metre out from their table.

I saw the Peak focusing scope that Paul picked up, yep, very good price.

Actually the price of the Borg stuff was really, really cheap, for brand new stuff. They appear to have lost their distribution rights of the Wallace Expo Disc, they were going for 33% of their original price, plus the Peak stuff was so low it makes you realise why we tend to purchase stuff straight from overseas markets, and still get it substantially cheaper.

Mick.