Photograph of 65mm f8 Super Angulon in 00 Size Shutter Needed

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Steve Smith, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a 00 size Synchro Compur shutter in which to mount my 65mm f8 Super Angulon. The shutter currently has a scale running from f5.6 up to f32 to suit the 80mm lens which used to be fitted to it.

If you own an f8 65mm SA, I would appreciate it if you could post a picture similar to the one I have attached here. If you set it to f8, I can use the dot on the body to the left of the aperture lever to judge where to start f8 from. I have the scale from its old shutter but it is over a smaller range than the new scale. I thought I could just add one stop to the scale I have but it's more complicated than that.

And if your wondering why I don't use the old scale on the new shutter, it's because the old shutter had a Linhof front with the f numbers engraved into it whereas the new shutter has a separate plate screwed on (which I'm hoping is painted on the back so I can laser etch a new scale!).

Thanks,

Steve.

Attached Files: