Photographing Slot Canyons in Black-and-White on LF Film

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Rafal Lukawiecki, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Everyone,

Based on previous requests, I have just finished writing an article about my personal experience of photographing Canyon X (near Page, Arizona), using my 4 x 5, where I went last week. If you are interested, have a look at: http://rafal.net/2011/10/photographing-slot-canyons-in-canyon-x/ - feel free to comment, your feedback in person in Dublin, or on the web has always been much appreciated.

Looking forward to the next print showing - I hope I can make it.

Regards,
    Rafal

2. thefizz

thefizz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Good info there Rafal, thaks for sharing.

"now, where to find a slot canyon in Trim" :D

3. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Top of the morning to you, Sir, from Australia. :smile:
    I'm not an enthusiast of the B&W genre, but this doesn't mean I pass up opportunities to look and your references are very satisfying. I very much appreciate considered technical work, and your representative image is very appealing indeed: the smooth, symmetrical almost Taoist-like contortions of the rock strata are very eyecatching. The thread caught my attention because I have friends touring the USA and have just reported their walking journeys around the Colorado River at Page and Slot Canyon. There were others they reported on: Antelope Canyon (Utah). This has been well visited by LF photographers from Australia shooting in B&W and colour.

4. Louis Nargi

Louis Nargi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the thread.