Photography 26 at Perkins Center for the Arts in Moorestown NJ

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Shinnya, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Shinnya

Shinnya Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone,

I got one of my images accepted their annual juried show at Perkins Center for the Arts. The actual show runs from January 27 until February 25. The opening will take place in the afternoon on 27th.

There are usually several good prints there every year. I am always excited to what are up on the wall. My print is is gum over pt/pd version of my studio and looks like this.

If anyone is around the area and have time to go to the opening, let me know. We can meet up at the location for tea or something. Hope to see some of you at the opening.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

2. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats Tsuyoshi, this is a difficult show to get into.

Cheers,
    Bill

3. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bill,

Thanks for your encouragement. I was not in the show for the last two years. I was in two years straight before that. I guess sometimes you win and lose other times...

These are little things you can hang onto in order to keep us going, I think. One at a time.

Maybe we can go to the opening if you are around? Let me know.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

4. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations, Tsuyoshi!!!

Unfortunately, I was not aware of this center although my sister-in-law had a house in Moorestown until recently. I'll try to make this show when it opens. Once again, congratulations! It would be very interesting to see your prints in person.

Best regards,

5. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks,

Let me know if you can make it on Jan 27. I will be probably there for the opening.

Also, let me know what you think of the print whenever you get a chance to see it.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

6. HowardDvorin

HowardDvorin Member

Shooter:
    35mm

Congratulations.
    That is a tough show to get into. I Live in the next town over and I will definitley be at the opening.

I am also planning to drive over to your studio to say"Hello"

Howard Dvorin

7. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Howard,

Thank you. Maybe we can meet at the openining if you are coming. You are also more than welcome to come to our studio any time.

I am picking up other photographs today...

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

8. trhull

trhull Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Congratulations

I look forward to going to the exhibit.

9. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Terry,

Okemashite Omedeto gozaimasu.

Will I see you at the opening then? Let me know.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

10. trhull

trhull Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I will try to be there early afternoon on the 27th.

11. MenacingTourist

MenacingTourist Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'll try and make this as well. Congratulations.

12. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Congratulations, Tsuyoshi!

13. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

Thank you for your encouragement. We can meet up for tea or some sort if you have time? I will be there around... I should ask my friends first since I am not the one who drives!

Let's get together!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  14. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone,

I will be there around 2 pm on Saturday. If you see a Japanese guy with a long hair, that is me!

We are going to have a small party at my place afterwards with good Indian food and beer. If you want to join us, just let me know.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

15. JJC

JJC Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I live nearby and have never been in the place. Congratulations! I'll try to make it Saturday.

16. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Tsuyoshi,

I was hoping to make this today, but unfortunately due to a last minute errand that came up I will not be able to. I will try to be there tomorrow or the next weekend.

Good luck, and best wishes!

17. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow -- I actually got there. A bit of a drive and a last minute decision, but well worth seeing. So I met Tsuyoshi -- my first face to face meeting of another APUGger. According to the program, the 91 pieces on exhibit were selected from 767 works submitted by 293 photographers. I'd say anyone with work hanging on those walls should feel proud to be there.

I was a little disappointed at the percentage of d****al work, though it was certainly of exemplary quality. Tsuyoshi's platinum/gum bichromate print was very impressive. After I work some of the kinks out my more ordinary processes I may have to check out his studio classes.

So now I wonder how many APUG ships passed quietly in the afternoon. The place was wall-to-wall people when I got there at 2:00, it wouldn't be hard to miss somebody even if I knew what they looked like. Guess we should print an APUG logo business card to clip on our shirt pockets (or stick on our foreheads :D ) when attending such events.

Thanks Tsuyoshi for bringing this show to our attention.

DaveT

18. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Dave,

It was nice to meet and chat with you a lttile today. Hope you will work on your darkroom and make meaningful comeback to photography in general.

It was really crowded at the occasion as it always is. I have to go back to really see images there again. I got there a little late and was a little too busy meeting with familiar faces at the opening.

I was happy to find out that my print was actually sold! It was my first time to sell my print in this way. The in-house curator told me later that a wife of a curator for Johnson & Johnson bought my print. They purchase one print from the show for their corporate collection every year. I suppose mine will be a part of the couple's private collection, which sounds exciting!

If anyone happens to be in the area, stop by to see the show. It will be up for a month. There are a lot of good images at the show which will satisfy your taste.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

19. trhull

trhull Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Perkins

I was there, but missed Tsuyoshi. Glad to see his print sold! I wonder (not related to this thread) if there is a master list of places where (like Perkins) one can submit prints fopr exhibition?

20. Shinnya

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Terry,

Yes, there is! Not everything, but quite a lot.

Here

Also, PhotoReview publishes a newsletter 4-5 times a year where they list a lot of competitions/call for work.

Also, we are going to start one soon when we finish another studio space in the back of the building too!

Thank you again for your comment. I am excited that the print was purchased too.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

21. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Tsuyoshi,

I was there on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the show. I loved your print - it's even better to see it in person! There were a few very good prints, others were okay - IMHO.

Congratulations on the sale of your print!

Regards,