Photography in Berlin

Discussion in 'Continental Europe' started by NickVEsq, Mar 4, 2008.

1. NickVEsq

NickVEsq Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I may be in Berlin for a conference on the third week of May. Can anybody suggest places to do street and architecture photography? I intend to bring a rangefinder, and a holga or lubitel 2. Also, in the horrific event I run out of film, where can I go to buy? Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Crawford

Mike Crawford Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Nick
    I'm sure German members of APUG will be able to give you lots of advice, though for film, Fotoimpex in Mitte is a must. http://www.fotoimpex.de/ I think they are sponsors here. As for where to photograph, the whole city is fascinating so very difficult to say. I book I can highly recommend which has inspired me to take many visits to Berlin is Ghosts of Berlin by Brian Ladd
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghosts-Berl...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204621995&sr=1-1
    This text book reflects the history of the city through it's architecture and planning, especially during the last hundred years.
    Viel Spass!
    Mike

3. Uhner

Uhner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. hal9000

hal9000 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi, I can suggest lots of places. Let me know what kind of street scenes you are looking for and I will try and be more concrete. For film you can go to Fotoimpex, Monochrom or Calumet. I always like to meet APUGers so if you want to we can meet up and go for a stroll, just PM me near your trip.
    Hal

5. NickVEsq

NickVEsq Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you for your welcome, tips and suggestions. Hal, I will send you a PM once our travel plans are finalized.

6. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've been in Berlin for three days, and between work and bad weather, I've exposed exactly one frame of film. It should be nicer in May.

7. fedes

fedes Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi!
    I would like to buy a rangefinder camera, Mamiya 6 or 7. Help me, which type is better Mamiya 6 (with 50mm) or Mamiya 7 (with 65mm).
    Secondly, where I find this camera, in Hungary there is not.