Photography store in Miami

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by cinetango, Jun 10, 2012.

1. cinetango

cinetango Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the right forum...

I am going to be moving from LA to Miami. I want to find a good photography store in the Miami area to get my chemicals. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Mahler_one

Mahler_one Member

No need to worry about a store in Miami. ArtCraft Chemicals has everything ( chemistry wise ) that a photographer will likely need, and will ship directly to your door. Of course, Formulary also has a ready supply of chemicals for photographers. However, one suspects that shipping from Montana will be more costly than shipping from New York. Premixed chemicals are available from many vendors, but many on this coast use B&H or Adorama.....there are others that I am sure are equally as good.

http://www.artcraftchemicals.com/products/

3. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The only store that carries anything traditional related is World Wide Photo on N. Biscayne Blvd. (US 1) around N. 54th St. The selection is pretty good and mostly Ilford, with some Kodak chemicals, too. Way south on US 1, I think around SW. 179th St., is a photo store/ vitamin store called AAA Fotofast. I would avoid them, all the supplies are expired, but they do have some vintage equipment, though at premium prices. Pittman Photo is all digital if I recall correctly.

4. cinetango

cinetango Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.

5. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BUMP...
    I'll be shooting the Everglades and the Keys for a week starting on March 10th, with our home base just a few minutes from downtown Miami. I always like to buy some film or paper in the cities I visit. If there are other places I should check out, let me know.

Cheers,
    Tom

6. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The two I listed are the only choices In Miami Dade county.

7. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Greg.
    Tom