PHSNE Photographica

Discussion in 'New England' started by Whiteymorange, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, folks, it's that time again. The great people at PHSNE have gotten all set for another photo show and sale in Wakefield, MA on September 25 and 26. As always, it will be a large room filled with stuff you want and people you want to talk with. I've been going to these shows for a number of years now and never leave disappointed or with an empty bag. (I bring two big ones, one for the things I know I want to buy and one for those things I couldn't have anticipated and could not possibly pass up. Last year I needed a third for the Folmer Schwing Studio Master 8x10 that went for $50!) After the Saturday session there will be an auction.

This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other camera nuts and talk film. It's not as large a gathering as it once was, but these pictures will give you an idea of what the place is like. This link will give you the details. Come early, stay late, say hi while you're there.

2. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This time I have it penciled in.....need a lens :smile:

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I wish I had some money right now to put into cameras!

4. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    From the PHSNE email update:

Plan now to attend Photographica 74 at the Americal Center in Wakefield MA on September 25 & 26. It is a great place to find bargains in lights, tripods, lenses, images, and cameras (including digital). There will also be a huge selection of wet darkroom equipment on the dollar tables. For more information, including the flyer, dealer information, directions, and public transportation see: http://www.phsne.org/shows.html. Doors open at 9:00 AM! Admission is $5 for the general public, $4 for senors and students, and $3 for PHSNE members. Early Bird admission starts at 6 AM Saturday and 7:30 AM Sunday for $30. All admissions are good for both days.

5. AshenLight

AshenLight Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm leaving for Germany on the 25th. This will be the first Photographica I've missed in a while... guess I'll need to wait until Spring.

Ash

6. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i will do my best to get there this year ..
    i have gotten some great things at the phsne show in years gone by ..

thanks for reminding me about this whitey !

john

7. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Don't know if I can make it or not. I am riding my bike up and down the seacoast that weekend. (Hampton Beach - Newburyport - York - Hampton Beach)

8. Jim McD

Jim McD Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    darkroom stuff galore

I just found out that PHSNE recently was the recipient of a huge amount (about a truckload) of darkroom equipment--all good stuff that will be sold very cheaply at the "dollar table". Tanks, contrast filters, timers, enlargers, etc etc for those of us who still paly in the dark.

9. Moopheus

Moopheus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmm....I keep meaning to make one of those, but usually something keeps me away, like lack of funds. Usually I'm out for a ride on Sat. mornings--do you think they'd be put off by someone coming in in full cycling kit?

10. Jim McD

Jim McD Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    you would be welcome in full cycling gear. We had a guy show up as a minuteman once

11. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Minutemen, cyclists, rabid collectors of stuff and lots of photographers. Another good show and sale for PHSNE. Thanks to Jom McD and all the hard working folks who put this thing on twice a year! I filled my car with material from that dollar table this year. Example? How about a rotary processor and a total of 10 tubes for it, from a mini (looks like it might do 2 1/4 x 3 1/4) to the usual 8x10 tanks. Even one for roll film. Total cost? $4

12. Jim McD

Jim McD Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another awesome show. I didn't spend much but I got a lot (although not as much as Whitey). Picked up a TDC 116 stereo projector. Do I really need 2 of them? No, but.................

ALso grabbed a Bogen Magic Arm for $30 with 2 super clamps---very happy.

500 sheet box of Seal MT dry mount tissue ?? $10, will probably last me the rest of my days.

analog stuff is amazingly cheap. You should take advantage of these shows right after Whitey and I are done picking through it;-00

Watch for the greater Lynn auction this Fall. An PHSNE's in February