pinacryptol yellow

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by fwp, Jan 15, 2008.

1. fwp

fwp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm looking to mix up some fx-2 and notice that I can't find anyone that sells or has the pinacryptol yellow listed as an ingredient. Does anyone know who in the US has an in stock?

2. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Photographer's Formulary used to sell it - but they don't list it now.

I mix my FX-2 without Pinacryptol Yellow - it works fine that way.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Expensive stuff, I don't remember ever using it but do have quite a bit on the shelf in my darkroom.

Ian

4. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    It could be purchased if you could work out the import issues for shipping chemicals. I found a price of $43.00 US/gm..I gave up at that point...EC

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Pinacryptol Yellow is in small glass phials, I think 0.2 gms from memory, although there was a jar with maybe 20 or 30gms. I might be prepared to sell one or two phials next time I'm back in the UK. Packaging such a small quantity safely isn't a problem.

Ian

6. Lee L

Lee L Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was at the Formulary last summer, looking to purchase chems for FX2 among other things. They told me that pinacryptol yellow had become too expensive and difficult to stock. I asked about how they were making up TFX-2 without having stock, but can't recall the answer. It may have been that they were making some compensating adjustments to the formula to do without the pinacryptol yellow, or may have already.

Lee

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am already going to be sending some Pinacryptol yellow to North America in March/April, the price will be fair, ie well below market cost. I will post the quantities & price on the Classifieds section when I return to the UK in March. If any one else is interested could you let me know.

Ian