Pinhole in progress, using materials at hand.

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by zumbido, Jan 28, 2010.

1. zumbido

zumbido Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The other day I was timing enlargements in the bathroom by the tick of my old Sony transistor alarm clock that I got for Christmas 1986. It's legendary in our family for its godawful MIDI version of Vivaldi's "Spring" that serves as the alarm. Well, I knocked it off the windowsill as I pulled a print out of the developer and it bit the dust.

I'd been intending to build a pinhole camera for 120 out of some sort of household item anyway, and I figured this was a perfect opportunity. It bit the dust in the line of photographic duty after all!

Set up a webpage last night where I'll be tracking the process. So far it's mostly backstory and disassembly pics, with a little historical flavor.

http://www.machinehum.com/images/sony/

2. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Existing Light

Existing Light Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just recently built a pinhole camera. It works fine when I actually think about what i'm doing and get the exposure right :D

My first few decent exposures got me tempted to build a pinhole camera out of an old computer tower in our attic. If your alarm clock pinhole camera gors as planned, that might push me over the edge and make me build my computer pinhole camera (I have a love for odd, insane, and/or quirky feats of engineering :D )