Pinhole...Lensless Camera Company

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by tjaded, Feb 17, 2007.

1. tjaded

tjaded Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all--
    I have to fly down to LA on Sunday and figured I would pop into Freestyle and check them out in person. I've be thinking about buying the 8x10 pinhole they offer, it is made by the Lensless Camera Company ( http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=&pid=2810 )

Anyway, since I could save on shipping I think I will be buying it--unless anyone here has one and thinks that the build quality is no good. Building my own is something I've planned on forever, but until I get more free time it just isn't likely. So...anyone out there used a Lensless Camera Company pinhole before?

Adios,
    Matt

2. PaulH

PaulH Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just got one. It is a well made camera. B&H sells them pretty cheaply, 164.50 for the 6" focal length 8x10 camera.

3. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I own one of their 8x10 cameras (6"). It is fabulous. Made many a great image with it. Easy to use, well thought out film holder mounting system, and solidly made.

Also own their 4x5 model that matches the same view as my 8x10 so I can shoot a Polaroid test of the scene before committing to shooting 8x10.

You'll be amazed at the quality of an 8x10 transparency!