Place to get film in Providence or along the way to Cape Cod?

Discussion in 'New England' started by gr82bart, Mar 7, 2007.

1. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi folks,

OK is there a place where I can buy some Polaroid Type 55 or 59 film in Providence? I'll be leaving from work in New London this Friday for the New England get together at the Cape, but I need to get some Polaroid sheet film. Any place I can stop along the way? I figure Providence is my best bet.

Anyone shop at Hunt's? http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/ They seem to have a decent selection.

Thanks, Art.

2. erikg

erikg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hunt's/ SBI would be the place, call them first because sometimes their stock runs low. The other option is the RISD store (Rhode Island School of Design) which is on North Main St. I'd try Hunt's first. Easy on and off the highway.

3. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yes...hunts is in the jewelry district...near the corner of 95 and 195. Also, while I'm at it...erik, why don't you drop down the cape..either for the workshop on saturday or sunday for some shooting?

drew

4. Mark_S

Mark_S Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If heading a bit further north, Calumet in Cambridge also has a decent selection of polaroid materials. If you can't find what you need elsewhere, PM me and I could stop by on my way down to the cape.

5. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    if you go to sbi, phone ahead to make sure they have what you are looking for. they aren't as well-stocked as hunt's in melrose, but if you give them a little bit of advance notice, they will have what you need.

john

6. erikg

erikg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John is right. I've been skunked by sbi a few times. Thanks Drew, I wasn't aware of the workshop, sounds like fun, but there would be hell to pay if I slipped off this weekend. My wife and I do like to get out to the Cape when we can, so maybe next time if you do it again.