Places in Florida

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by Prime, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Prime

Prime Member

I would like to find some more places to photograph within Florida. I'm looking for natural places (no telephone poles), preferably near St. Petersburg. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. HardCore

HardCore Member

I live in St. Pete. What do you want to photograph? Good scenics/trees/water/wildlife can be found in most local parks. Have you been to Myakka? Veteran's Park off the causeway to Madeira Beach is nice. Sunken Gardens offers photo ops. Lake Seminole Park and Sawgrass Park have gators 'n birds. Wheedon Island off Gandy has plenty of trees, water and critters. There's a weird little park in Largo (can't think of the name) that has a beautiful pond with many birds. Fort DeSoto is good. So, what are you looking for? Let me know if you would like to go somewhere and shoot sometime (I don't hike very far!).

3. swaitjd

swaitjd Member

I would like to suggest Cedar Key, up the Gulf coast about 2 hours from you. I've had a lot of fun there (I'm in Gainesville).

There's also the Ocala National Forest, St. Augustine (a little too touristy, though), the Suwanee River, ...

Joffre

4. RAP

RAP Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I do not live in Florida but why not check out Florida photographer Clyde Butcher's web site under "Link Portal-famous photographers and see where he has been. Also, before going into an area, I research Barnes and Nobel bookstore for books to see where others have trod.