PLASTIC BRONICA (To Drool Over)

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by SpunkySpine, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SpunkySpine

SpunkySpine Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PLASTIC BRONICA (To Drool Over)

I've been roaming around the web looking for info and photos of Bronica cameras.

We've already heard comments and complaints about Bronica switching from heavier materials to "Plasticy" materials...
    the feel, the durability, the aesthetics and even the gall of Bronica to even go there.

Well I have the ETRSi and am just getting used to it.
    Not so much the feel of the plastic polymur as the general handling of the little beast.

But I thought the crowd here at APUG might like to have a look at the :cool: Plastic ETRSi at this site:

www.troeszter.net/BronicaETRSi.html

I've used Google's translation from German to English to read the interesting write-up on this very interesting camera.
    I expect it could fetch a pretty penny if it was on the "used" market today! :D

2. Matthew Wagg

Matthew Wagg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thats a great read and that plastic is brilliant. I love my etrs but I would like the mlu of the etrsi

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The strange thing is that the author states the clear casings were used at repair-workshops to control proper functioning of the mechanics.

4. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Maybe he meant "explain" or "demonstrate" rather than "control."

Might be one of those language things.

Sort of a cool camera. I don't know if I would feel comfortable using it. I think all cameras should be used, but I'm not so sure about this one.

5. wiedzmin

wiedzmin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thank you for posting it

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That guy seems to be a native speaker, as I am, so it is to control or to check.

But I admit he does not state that, but rather say this it is probable.
    Anyway, to me it is one of these show models. In this case a fully functional one.