Platinum Printing Workshop, Tillman Crane, Nov 6-8, Florida

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by doughowk, Jun 8, 2009.

1. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tillman Crane will be conducting a Platinum/Palladium Workshop this Fall at Daytona Beach State College, Florida. From the course description:
    There will be a public lecture Nov 5th, with the workshop itself starting Friday evening, Nov 6th; and continuing thru Sunday.
    Workshop cost: Tuition $500 w $50 lab fee. Students to acquire on their own the Bostick & Sullivan kit
    For more information and how to register, visit Tillman Crane's website ( to be updated shortly)

This is an exciting opportunity for those who live nearby as well as any "snowbirds" who are looking for a great vacation package in sunny Florida.

2. Kimberly Anderson

Kimberly Anderson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Take the workshop! Take it!

3. Monophoto

Monophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I took it three years ago. One of the best workshops I have ever taken. :smile:

4. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    workshop

I'll second that emotion...Tillman is one of the best platinum printers out there
    we did 12 hour days at my workshop and I never heard him say anything about closing shop or it's time to quit...what a great excuse to go to some nice weather and learn something at the same time!!!
    Best, Peter

5. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. jolynned

jolynned Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Awesome! We're moving to DeLand in a few weeks - I can totally do this.

7. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It appears that we are only 1-2 people short of having the necessary minimum registrants for this workshop in Florida. So, if you've been procrastinating for various reasons, don't wait much longer for registration is open till only the end of September. This should be a great opportunity for both beginners and experienced platinum/palladium printers.

8. photobum

photobum Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well here's another post to say, just do it. I too was in the course with Louie and Peter in Peter's Valley, NJ. Hi guy's.

I've taken two classes with Tillman at the Valley. Great teacher, wonderful people.

9. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    We need 6 registrants for the course, and we're up to 5. So help us make this a go and sign up for a very informative workshop. It will also encourage Daytona State to consider more workshops for the future.

10. Kimberly Anderson

Kimberly Anderson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You guys fly me out there and I'll take it.

11. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tillman Crane has confirmed that its a go. This will be our 2nd workshop at the Daytona campus, which has excellent photography facilities as well as the outstanding Southeast Museum of Photography. For those who want to see Tillman's work, I believe there will be a lecture/presentation Friday morning Nov 6th probably in the Museum lecture hall. And there is still time to sign up for the workshop (end of this month), if you so desire.

12. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The lecture date/time has been changed to 4PM Nov 5th (Thursday). This will be in the Southeast Museum of Photography Lecture Hall, and is open to the public. The Workshop date/times have not been changed.

13. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks to Tillman Crane for putting on an excellent workdhop; and thanks to those at DBSC, especially Elliot (aka, Mahler_one), for making it all possible. I think all 6 who attended were most impressed with what we were able to achieve with Tillman's guidance. This was a hands-on workshop. I was able to use several of my negatives and explore both traditional & NA2 processes. A most valuable learning experience; and, if you are interested at all in the pt/pd printing process, catch one of Tillman's workshops.

Btw, we were also able to see excellent exhibits at the Southeast Museum of Photography including some beautiful Kenro Izu platinum prints. Don't miss it.