Plaubel Makina 67... heavy sigh

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jolimon, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolimon

jolimon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    With a heavy sigh, I put up for your perusal the lovely Plaubel Makina 67. Bought it from Queen St Cameras in Toronto around 1980... replaced the camera under warranty just before one year as the originals had "butter" gears but Plaubel was great with their warranty. It has travelled across north america, Mexico, France, Italy and Quatemala and produced amazing 16x20 prints. Compact, easy to use and the lens is the best! Flaws.... I have fixed the meter twice but the last time I said no. The wires are so tiny that they crimp and break from folding the lens. It can be fixed by the factory or Nippon Camera in NYC I think. The foam light seals are older and will eventually need replacing. The repairman for Daymen, the importer to Canada was retiring a few years ago and the only parts he had left for this camera were a new bellows and a new rangefinder mechanism so I had him install those and go over the camera. I figured that I would be cremated with this camera.
    But I have too many cameras and need to sell some before the producers of those tv hoarding shows call me in for a consultation. Using large format more and I have some hasselblads as well.... so if someone wants a beauty with the very rare hood/2 caps and the very, very rare hand grip (much easier to handle and became part of the 670 model,I would ask $2200 including insured shipping in canada and the usa. You even get the heliopan uv filter which went on in 1980 and has stayed there since. Lots of buys on ebay under wdgsrus... that is why I have to sell some cameras.
    Anyone interested?
    Richard

Attached Files:

2. jolimon

jolimon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    further Plaubel Makina 67 photos

more photos

Attached Files:

3. jolimon

jolimon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    last two shots of Plaubel Makina 67

last shots of Makina..... $2200 shipped and insured

Attached Files:

4. Mark Layne

Mark Layne Member

I have one of these and the Nikkor lens is possibly the sharpest MF lens I have ever used. Incidentally the first time I used it was on a trip to Banff in 1988
    Mark

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Threads merged.

Beautiful camera.

6. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    understand your pain. I have one and it is by far my favorite. It has crossed my mind to sell as i haven't used it in a long time, but so far I can't pull the string. So I admire your courage.

7. jolimon

jolimon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    bump

8. agphotography

agphotography Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's one of the cameras on my short-list. I wish I could afford it. I'd give it a good home!

9. Crono

Crono Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    me too...

10. jolimon

jolimon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    okay... despite having the rarest accessory, the hand grip and hood/caps, no one has shown interest so.....
    price reduction to $2000 and I will still pay the shipping in canada/usa.... otherwise i will keep it and enjoy.
    cheers, Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.