Please help removing my battery from my Minolta Maxxum 9xi!!!!!!

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Vsanzbajo, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Vsanzbajo

Vsanzbajo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Today my wife got a 7xi, so I tried to tested taking the battery off my 9xi. It is a 2cr5 battery. I opened the door cover, but the battery is not coming out. What am I missing? Is this normal. The battery is new. I just can not remove from the camera.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

2. elcabezagrande

elcabezagrande Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Grab it with the sticky side of a piece of tape.

3. Vsanzbajo

Vsanzbajo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I did but no luck. It moves but it does not come out. I do not want to use tools or anything that might scratch things. I just bought the camera, so I am not familiar with it, but it thought removing a battery should not be this hard. There is no tab or anything holding the battery. What am I missing. Is it this hard in these cameras?

4. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can you use something stronger, like duct tape? I'd guess, there may have been some leakage at one point and it's probably stuck in there. Other choice would be things like JB weld (epoxy glue) a piece to the battery and yank it out, but you may damage something if you have to use that much force.

If you just bought it, can you take it back to the seller and let him take care of it?

5. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try a couple of toothpicks to pry it out- one on each side.