Please recommend lab for E6 120 film processing in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by guissimo, May 26, 2005.

1. guissimo

guissimo Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Medium Format
    Hello everyone,

I've been a fan of this site/forum for the past few months but I haven't had the opportunity to participate yet, until now. I'm planning a trip to Central Europe for this summer. I'll be shooting Velvia, Sensia and maybe Provia. I really don't want to wait to develop the film until I return to California and I don't want to mail it home either. So, can someone recommend a photo lab in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest that can process E6 120 film?
    Just so you know, I posted this message on but I did not get any replies. I don't post on multiple sites but this time I really need some help.

2. medform-norm

medform-norm Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Multi Format
    Interesting question - we too have to find a good lab in Budapest. For now, I can only think of this: go to Soos Foto and ask there. They sell lots of vintage cameras and know about analog stuff. Here is the address:
    Soos foto
    1051 Budapest, József Attila u. 22.
    Tel: 317-2341
    Fax: 235-0928
    Open: M-F 9-17 óráig, Sat. 10-13 óráig

It's in the centre on the Pest side near the busstation and the new funky underground parking garage.

If you're really desperate and can't find anything, go into a modern art museum or modern art gallery showing photoworks, do the poor tourist act and get people there to help you. There are plenty of photographers & artists in Budapest still working with analog equipment, so there must be a professional lab somewhere!

Good luck,