Polaroid 335

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by puptent, May 15, 2011.

1. puptent

puptent Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've come across a Polaroid Range Finder 335 with a flash attachment a case and a pack of 108 color film. I've never messed around with instant cameras before, and now I have two! I bought an SX-70 for $1.50 at a rummage sale. Anyway, is the 335 of any value as a useable camera, or to a collector?

2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 335 is a pretty good one with a glass lens. I believe it has a plastic body, if I am reading correctly, and a viewfinder that does not fold down, but functionally it is as good as any, probably, until you get into the ones with the decent lenses, like the 180 or 195 (which get pretty expensive on eBay). The film is probably a goner, I think 108 was replaced by other films quite some time ago. You can use the Fuji pack films with the camera just fine, however.

For more info than you could imagine on Polaroids, go here: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

3. puptent

puptent Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the link. I guess I'll hunt down some batteries and play with the darned thing. It's a pretty substantial piece, seems very well made. The SX-70 I bought is one of the view finder types, so might as well play with it, too. I'm assuming I need the "impossible" film for it.

4. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the batteries are still available at:

http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/ph...px24-532-px24-epx24-2lr50-3v-alkaline-battery

as they are quite expensive, don't care about the timer, you need just one for the shutter. because of the timer's thickness the first photo of the fuji film pack maybe a bit hard to pull.

have fun and if you use it regularly, you can replace the battery by a cr123 + holder, the are easy to find and last for ages. they fit perfectly into the compartment.

kind regards

reinhard