Polaroid 420 mod?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by JBrunner, Oct 21, 2008.

1. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Anybody here ever try to turn the lens around on one of these babies? I got one for 10 bucks, and I'm feelin kinda itchy.

2. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's not terribly difficult to get to the lens, though I've never actually turned it around. If you figure it out, please let me know. I have a 320 that I wouldn't mind doing this to.

3. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Sorry -- what's the point of so doing? Macro work? I've hacked old Polaroids to put on new lenses, but never just reversed a lens. I'm willing to learn...

4. patrickjames

patrickjames Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I mounted a Schneider 100mm Componon on one. Incredible quality. I have never heard of turning the lens around though.

5. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    It depends on the structure of the lens, and how many elements, and if I remove, or reverse one of them. Very interesting focus effects other than macro could (possibly) be achieved.

6. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If this camera is a plastic-lensed model, there is only a two element. Take off the plastic area in front of the bellows (there should be screws in the back of that section). I'm pretty sure they're not the Holga-esque lenses that looks like )). (forget the name for that type), they're a () style.

If it's glass, I'm stumped. They're three element.