Polaroid 4x5 Camera Advice

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by briancmo, May 30, 2012.

1. briancmo

briancmo Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    Hi everyone,

new to the forum. I've been shooting Type 100 Fuji packfilm for a few months and loving it. I have a 600SE camera and a Land 100, and would love to try the 4x5 stuff. Just for fun, nothing too serious. I'm completely lost with camera and back models. Hoping people have some suggestions for a 'light and portable' 4x5 setup that would work with the Fuji 4x5 film. I mainly shoot people, not landscapes.

2. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Better run and get it, they just stopped making the 4x5 instant!

3. Marc B.

Marc B. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Probably better to follow above advice...stick with the smaller 3.25 X 4.25 Fuji pack,
    using a 405 Polaroid, or PA-145 Fuji, instant pack back for your 4 X 5 camera.

The 550 Polaroid, and PA-45 backs, for the 4 X 5 instant pack film, still cost over
    $125-$150 USD, on the used market. The freshest existing 4 X 5 Fuji pack film will
    probably expire in less then 12 months, maybe sooner.

The 4 X 5 costs $3 a shot. The 3.25 X 4.25 costs at, or under, $1 a shot, and
    the smaller backs can be had for $40-$70 USD, on the used market.

Marc

4. mhcfires

mhcfires Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The only bummer is that Fuji has stopped making the FP100b B&W film in 3x4. they still make the FP3000b, but I really don't care for it. Once my limited stash of 100 is gone, there is no more. :sad: Their color stuff is nice, though.. :smile:

5. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is it a good idea to buy a polaroid or instant back nowadays when they are to be discontinued?

6. briancmo

briancmo Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I've been using the smaller pack film for a few months and stupidly feel this urge to try the 4x5 before it's all gone from the world. Maybe I should rent a camera, shoot 1 pack for a specific project I have in mind then go back to the smaller pack film?

7. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you want to get or try Fp100C45 anytime in the future, the time to get the film is now. It's becoming quite hard to find.