Polaroid 'dual circles' logo?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by shaocaholica, May 6, 2012.

1. shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Was the 'dual circles' logo used on the 110A the Polaroid logo from that era?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mafr/4110511529/

I can't seem to find any info on it at all. Clearly they stopped using it but I'm not 100% sure if it was the company logo or something else.

2. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    as the dual circles were on all cameras and film boxes from the early 50's, it must have been their logo. but I haven't found further information either.

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I believe that they represent the polarizing filters that Land invented first, before the cameras, which I believe he made under the name Polaroid.

4. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It was Polaroid's original logo, as the previous posters said, but it was actually never discontinued. I have a case of Polaroid 990 film in my fridge, and on one side of the case is the Polaroid "crossed polarizer" logo, above the name "POLAROID".

5. OP
    shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So whats the correct orientation of the logo supposed to be? Two circles side by side or one above the other?

6. OP
    shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe not discontinued but certainly took a backseat it seems. I googled some of the later film pack boxes and I can't seem to find that logo. Granted is not the case but hardly any consumers would have seen the case box.

7. darcyjohnperkins

darcyjohnperkins Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    It's side-by-side. It's on the SX-70 SONAR cameras, etc. as well.

8. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Good question, that logo is on the top of the case of a 100 packfilm camera I got. I have a 600 series that doesn't have it, and neither does a white rainbow SX-70 I bought. That came with the box and it just has the Giambarba rainbow design. Has it been used in more recent years or is it just on older equipment I wonder?

Sharon