Polaroid 'dual circles' logo?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by shaocaholica, May 6, 2012.

1. shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Was the 'dual circles' logo used on the 110A the Polaroid logo from that era?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mafr/4110511529/

I can't seem to find any info on it at all. Clearly they stopped using it but I'm not 100% sure if it was the company logo or something else.

2. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    as the dual circles were on all cameras and film boxes from the early 50's, it must have been their logo. but I haven't found further information either.

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I believe that they represent the polarizing filters that Land invented first, before the cameras, which I believe he made under the name Polaroid.

4. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It was Polaroid's original logo, as the previous posters said, but it was actually never discontinued. I have a case of Polaroid 990 film in my fridge, and on one side of the case is the Polaroid "crossed polarizer" logo, above the name "POLAROID".

5. shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So whats the correct orientation of the logo supposed to be? Two circles side by side or one above the other?

6. shaocaholica

shaocaholica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe not discontinued but certainly took a backseat it seems. I googled some of the later film pack boxes and I can't seem to find that logo. Granted is not the case but hardly any consumers would have seen the case box.

7. darcyjohnperkins

darcyjohnperkins Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    It's side-by-side. It's on the SX-70 SONAR cameras, etc. as well.

8. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Good question, that logo is on the top of the case of a 100 packfilm camera I got. I have a 600 series that doesn't have it, and neither does a white rainbow SX-70 I bought. That came with the box and it just has the Giambarba rainbow design. Has it been used in more recent years or is it just on older equipment I wonder?

Sharon