Polaroid - Now this is a company to complain about!

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by gr82bart, Dec 18, 2006.

1. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, I finished around 150 Polaroid transfers to give as gifts for my project staff. My complaint was that it it took 230 Polaroid prints to make them! At least 4 packs (669) had 'spot' defects in all 10 prints within the pack, 2 packs did not properly engage and I had to discard the entire pack without exposure, and there were several individual prints that did not properly engage (uausally it was a misalignment of the print to the chemical pod resulting in a print that off-center and a leak) or had spot defects (a spot defect looks like a 'burn' or blotch in the print).

Very, very poor quality control.

Regards, Art.

2. aj-images

aj-images Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have heard of digital cibachromes. Maybe try digital polaroids??? Sorry...had too buddy! - Jim

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Save the bad ones, send them an e-mail, and they're usually good about sending a voucher for replacement film, but what a pain.

4. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Better yet... call them. They are very helpful and you will have your vouchers within a week. You will need the batch numbers as well so they can flag them. Unfortunately I have had to do this several times, but they always make it right.

B

5. mgphoto

mgphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree, quality problems are a drag but as stated already, thier customer service is typicaly very good about resolving these issues.

I just wake up every day and thank the photo gods that Polaroid is still around.

Cheers,
    Mark

6. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had several 669s pix rupture in the holder and mess it up big time. Polaroid made good giving me a replacement pack and then some.

PE