Polaroid SS2 pinhole

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by haris, Oct 3, 2008.

1. haris

haris Guest

I was started to make pinhole camera from Polaroid SS2. I hope to be able to use 13x18cm or 5x7 film in it. Any advices would be most helpfull, as I feel I went wrong way...

2. cordeliaflyte

cordeliaflyte Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi Haris --

Do you want to use instant (polaroid) film in this pinhole or regular sheet film?

I'm not sure it's possible to use any currently available or quasi-available instant films in Square Shooters and have them develop properly through the rollers and all. (Though I'd be happy to be proved wrong).

I don't have a SS to look at, but I'm sure it would be do-able to modify sheet film to work in a pinhole made out of one.

I've made several different Land Camera Automatic models into pinhole cameras that take 3.25x4.25 instant pack film. That works quite well. And it's a simple mod. If you can find an old pack-film land camera (with bellows) to start with, it will be a more flexible project...

Good luck!

I heart pinhole.
  3. haris

haris Guest

I am hoping to use regular b/w sheet film, and these SS2 cameras are easy to get here, but those with bellows I newer saw in my town, or in this country.

Thanks, cordeliaflyte.