Polaroid SX-70 problem

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by dragonpic, Jan 9, 2011.

1. dragonpic

dragonpic Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    Hi, I have a Polaroid SX-70 the one with the rainbow stripe on the front. I have just recently purchased it. When it ejects the film the 1st 1/4 that comes out is exposed correctly but the rest looks washed out & orange/brown.

The first 3 slides did not eject from the camera properly but it seems to be ejecting properly now.

Any suggestions on what to check?

2. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Might be a problem with the film -- what are you using...how old is the film?

3. dragonpic

dragonpic Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    film

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using Impossible PX Push film. I only have a couple of shots left & will try a new pack after, but thought I'd see if there was anything else I should check in the meantime.

4. fotogal

fotogal Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Dragonpic, I've been playing around with Impossible's films. I had many problems with the color film, the silver seems to work best for me but it is also sensitive. The color films IMO are extremely sensitive to light and temperature, so I don't think from what you are describing it is your camera but what is happening to the film as this is similar to my experiences. Try using a light shield (Impossible has some ideas for use with the SX70 on its site) and see if you notice a difference.