Polaroid warning

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Jim Chinn, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I picked up a couple of like new and working SX70 cameras at a estate sale over the weekend. The fact that i will now be purchasing Time-Zero film for these cameras could be a signal that it may soon be out of production.

Only a few days after I returned to using Kodak paper did the word come down about Kodak discontinuing production.

You have been warned.

2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Jim. Let me know if you start buying anything else.

Oh, and have you considered going digital? Could be just the thing we are looking for! :D

Paul.

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    With Polaroids BK a couple of years ago, in actuallity I am really surprised they are still making the films they are, of course the new direction of polaroid has been decidedly slanted tword digital in the past couple of years as well..so only time will tell..

Dave

4. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wasn't there something about problems with creative processes with this film ?
    Or is it another ? It was mentioned here on APUG.
    Søren

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Funny, you can still get Fuji film for the Poloroid 550 holder which was discontinued sometime back.

6. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    that has been an issue with being able to manipulate time zero film. Polariod has been working on correctly this problem.

7. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I think I have the same jinx Jim. Just as I had got going real good with Polymax and Azo, they cease production. I had just gotten into SX-70 manipulations when the Polaroid "change" to the film was announced. Now I feel the same about Polaroid sheet film. Just as I'm really starting to enjoy it, you watch, Polaroid will quit making it.