polydal developer? ever used it? what can i expect?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by jnanian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi -

i came across a few cans of polydal developer (kodak) the can says " for portrait and commercial film" any idea what i should expect if/when i mix this up?

thanks!

-john

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    No idea, but the instruction sheet that came with the box of 1965 Royal Pan I recently got says, 6 min at 68F for tray development (cont. agitation) and 8 min for tank development (agitate at 1 min intervals) for Polydol, and those are 2 minutes less than their recommendations for D-76 stock, so you might be able to use that info to figure out some starting times, at least with traditional films.

3. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My 1974 Darkroom Dataguide has the film/developer data for Polydol. It states its a medium grain long lasting stable developer suited for sink lines and processing equipment. Anything specific you need to know?

4. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i had bought a few cans of it for like 1$ each maybe 6 years ago, never used it, and found it when i was moving from one darkroom to another. i usually use ansco 130 for all my film, and since i had some of this "stuff" i thought i would try it out. i just wanted to know what it was like :smile: ...
    thanks for the developing times, i develop by inspection, so at least i'll know when to turn the green light on :smile:

thanks again!
    - john