Post Exposure by Ctein

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by bmac, Oct 7, 2002.

1. bmac

bmac Member

Hi all,

I am currious as to what members opinions are of Ctein's book Post Exposure. I have read through it a few times, and after hearing about how great it is from several sources, I can't figure out what the big deal is. I feel it is overly technical. I get the feeling that he thinks his processes for permanance are the only ones that actually work... What do you think?

2. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Phew! I thought I was the only one who thought this way. There are a few tidbits of useful information but overall I agree with you. I think a lot of the minutiae he goes into is something you generally cannot fix, or help but to keep it at it is.

3. bmac

bmac Member

Horray! I'm not the only one! I think a better darkroom book is the Ansel Adams Guide to Photography book one.

4. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Interesting, i got the book, look it over and took it back as the only things "new" I wasn't interested in or could care less about. I have many other books with more useable information. Wonder what we all seem to be missing.

5. bmac

bmac Member

Well. I'm glad I'm not alone!