Postcard Easel?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by bmac, Mar 5, 2003.

1. bmac

bmac Member

Anyone know if there is a Speed Easel made for Ilford's Postcard paper? The Ol' 4 Blade is a pain in the arse to set up that small.

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Brian,
    I am not sure of the size of your paper. I do have a 5X7 speed easel, also a masking easel that will print 2 ea 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 as well as a another smaller size of unremembered size on a sheet of 8X10 paper. The latter is a Saunders easel. I don't use either of these any longer. Let me know if you are interested.

3. Nige

Nige Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I print them borderless [​IMG]

P.S. Aggie has a post about one she was in a bidding war against her friend... she'll have some details about it!

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I used a 4-blade. To make things go faster, I put a piece of masking tape on the arm for positioning the paper, so that I can just slide it into the groove and line it up against the tape, without having to check that it is centered.

5. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

6. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do the borders actually help the appearance of the postcard? Me I'd make em borderless as most postcards I've seen bleed off the edges. I made an adhesive borderless easel once using a thick sheet of plastic and glued down some edges to line up the paper to and put several strips of Post-it tape down on it to keep the corners of the paper down. I think the stuff is available at office supply stores, I got mine from work. I laid a sheet of paper the size I was using down, set it against the corners and outlined the sheet with a pen, then I had something to aim the enlager at.

7. bmac

bmac Member

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glbeas @ Mar 5 2003, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Do the borders actually help the appearance of the postcard? </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Sometimes.... Yes. I like the look of clean white boarders around B/W postcards myself