PPPD, thanks Donald Miller

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Jim Fitzgerald, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I finally got some time to print some 8x10 negs yesterday. Contact prints on Kentmere Bromide grade 3 using Donald's PPPD developer. I have printed these negs on Azo before using the MAS Amidol formula. I used 3 grams of Kbr and I got a great warm dark brown in some of the images. I love the tone of these prints. Different than the Azo/Amidol combination. I printed all day and did not notice any reduction in developer activity during the 8 hours of printing. Thanks again Donald for a great developer! I will try to post some of the images after I tone them in KRST. The Kentmere Bromide/ PPPD is a great combo!

Stay Focused or....Soft Focused!!

Jim

2. Colin Graham

Colin Graham Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Looking forward to seeing the scans. I've been thinking of trying it for awhile.

3. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Colin, I will post some prints after I tone them. I should have said in my post that i got warm brown/black. It is a nice look, different.

Jim

4. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I am sure that Don will respond to this thread later as he is out of the country for the month of January. But, I too, use this developer with different papers and I love it also.

lee\c

5. Kobin

Kobin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jim, did you use the original formula from the unblinking eye site or the updated one threaded here a while ago?

I used the updated soup last night on some Oriental VCFB WT II. Very nice.

K.

6. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I used the one from a thread that was here a while ago. I added 3 grams of Kbr to warm things up a bit. It did a good job on the Kentmere Bromide. I just finished some of the new Azo grade two and I need to tone them and I hope to have some comparisons soon. Nothing scientific just a visual! I will post the results when I can.

Jim

7. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've gotten excellent results with PPPD. I prefer the original version, but both versions are quite nice.