Praise for Flutot's Camera Repair

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by MenacingTourist, Sep 6, 2005.

1. MenacingTourist

MenacingTourist Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I recently sent in a lens/shutter I picked up on auction as well as a little ICA 6.5cmx9cm camera (the kind in my avatar) also from auction and just got them back today. I think Carol must have switched them for new equipment because I hardly recognize this stuff!
    The shutters are crisp and the lenses are crystal clear. That ICA was kind of a pain to pull out and extend but now it's seriously like a brand new camera. She even cleaned the ground glass on that thing where before it was so bad I was thinking of having Dave Parker custom make a new one. The gg is now so bright it almost hurts my eyes.

This is the second time I've had Carol work on things and I really can't properly express how happy I am with her work. Simply amazing. I'm usually not a "gusher" when someone does thier job or even does the job well. But with Carol she has gone above and beyond what I expected by a long ways.

These came back just in time for me to make some APUG anniversary images tomorrow. Thank you Carol :smile:

Alan.

2. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Alan, good to hear even more good things regarding her services.

I've been thinking of sending a couple old shutters in to her but keep putting it off.

3. Carol Flutot

Carol Flutot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow Alan!

Thank you, your making me blush with your compliments!
    I just try and do my best.

Blaze-on you need to stop procrastinating and get your stuff sent
    off to me...hehehe

Thanks again Alan for your very kind words!

Carol

4. Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just want to put in my hearty endorsement for Carol- she's great (and she does a good work too)!

Richard

5. John Kasaian

John Kasaian Member

I would also like to recommend Carol Miller. She repaired a compound shutter for me and did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price and regularly kept me informed of the old compound's progress. Great service!

6. MikeS

MikeS Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I agree, Carol is great at keeping folks informed! She did an old Compound for me (for a 360mm Tele-Xenar) and she kept me informed every step of the way! She even emailed me a picture of my Compound all opened up! (see below).

She also did a couple of Compur shutters for me that she didn't keep me so informed... She fixed them so fast she didn't have time to inform me! :smile:

Carol does good work, and unlike some of the 'old school' technicians that won't even smile, her emails always make me smile!

-Mike

Attached Files:

7. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes - wonderful service and regular updates, even if my Prontor shutter was (as I suspected) DOA. And it was dead when I bought it, just to get the bits of glass in it :wink:

8. bob01721

bob01721 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Agreed. She's a real find. Competence, integrity, and a good sense of humor. She brought back to life an old Compur shutter that was totally frozen -- at an unreasonably reasonable price!

9. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Matt, you really should. I had her do my 135 Schneider after I got back from Oregon - now it works like a brand new lens. She is great, she emailed me every step of the way, and sent the lens back even faster than she promised.

10. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I gotta chime in too. Really great person to work with. I used a person recommended by a large-format store. Good work--got a shutter running really well. CL-M. Clean-Lube and measure the speeds. With Carol, the speeds were adjusted to be spot-on (well, except for those fastest speed that the shutter probably never did when it was brand new!). True CLA. Cheaper too. Lots of communication.

Don't get me wrong, I'd use either person again....well, if Carol wasn't there, I'd use the other guy!

Matt

11. MikeS

MikeS Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm not so sure...

Just had to add this:

I sent off a couple of shutters to Carol, she gets them on Friday, and Saturday she's emailing me asking about return insurance! (she had them done already!)

What do you say about somebody that not only CLA's 2 shutters the same day she gets them, but also stops to take nude pictures of one of them (see below)? :smile:

-Mike

Attached Files: