Presentation

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by ronlamarsh, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ronlamarsh

ronlamarsh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've just started with cyanotype and find it very enjoyable, not to mention inexpensive compared to the rest of the alt processes. There is a question though: What is the general mood out there as to presentation i.e. the inevitable extra sensistizer surrounding the image that ends up producing a very dark border of irregular proportions bursh marks etc. I know that in some circles this is considered "in vogue". Yet I find it suits some images and interfers with others. Your thoughts please?

2. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You can always overmat if you don't like the brush strokes. I find messing around with drafting tape to be more hassle than I'm willing to do usually so I just do brush strokes (although as neat and tidy as possible). I kind of like the dark border on some things as it's easy to "hide" signature/title in there using a pencil.
    Also some people use rod coating which tends to be a little "neater" looking.

I say do whatever makes you happy. There's no rules either way and as you've noticed, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad for certain images.

3. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm messy and sometimes the mess works, other times it gets covered by a mat. Bill Barber

4. Ian Leake

Ian Leake Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This isn't an orthodox suggestion, but it's what I do for Pt/Pd... If the brush strokes don't work for you then cut them off: crop down to a print that works for you.