Printing Note Cards, Posters, Etc

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by tiggertlee, Jan 18, 2005.

1. tiggertlee

tiggertlee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hi All,

Apologies if this question has come up in another thread, but my searches haven't turned up any hits, so I thought I'd ask!

I'm looking to print some notecards / greeting cards to sell at artshows and gallery viewings as they are happening, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with a specific printer who knows the ropes in dealing with us "old school" types.

I love the printing results in Lenswork magazine, would love to match that quality with any card production run (or posters in the future).

I'd love to hear anyones experience or recommendations.

BTW, love this forum and this is my first post, but not the last! More to come...

Thanks!
    Terry

2. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Terry alas I haven't got the answer, but a big welcome to this very addictive oasis :D

3. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lenswork has their magazine printed in Vancouver BC Canada. It is very expensive. If you want that look, call Brooks Jensen and ask the name of the printer he uses. Most smaller boutique printers can also handle the look you want.

4. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. tiggertlee

tiggertlee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone. I'll give Stienhour Press a call tomorrow, and I agree I think duotone is a bare minimum to start with!

I'll keep you posted on the results of this project!